+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank won't issue a letter with all the info needed for PR Proof of Funds

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello,

I recently obtained stamped and signed bank statements for the past six months, as well as a Signed Proof of Funds Letter, from my bank. However, the bank declined to include statements like "No credit card debts or loans" in the Proof of Funds Letter due to legal restrictions. It's worth noting that I don't have any credit cards issued by the bank or any loans.

Instead, the letter states that my account is active and in good standing. My concern is whether the absence of the "no credit card debts or loans" statement in the letter could pose a problem. Can anyone help me clear my doubt? I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance :)
They may/may not write "no credit card debts or loans" and they can used instead banking codified language to indicate debt on the POF letter (something = 0, I don't remember what "something" was in my POF). Ask you bank if they have anywhere indicated no debts on the POF letter.

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
They may/may not write "no credit card debts or loans" and they can used instead banking codified language to indicate debt on the POF letter (something = 0, I don't remember what "something" was in my POF). Ask you bank if they have anywhere indicated no debts on the POF letter.
It only says "Active and in good standing".

Knight_Toto

Sep 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
Hello,

I recently obtained stamped and signed bank statements for the past six months, as well as a Signed Proof of Funds Letter, from my bank. However, the bank declined to include statements like "No credit card debts or loans" in the Proof of Funds Letter due to legal restrictions. It's worth noting that I don't have any credit cards issued by the bank or any loans.

Instead, the letter states that my account is active and in good standing. My concern is whether the absence of the "no credit card debts or loans" statement in the letter could pose a problem. Can anyone help me clear my doubt? I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance :)
Hi. That shouldn't be an issue. I had no such mention of credit cards/debts/loans on my letter and it got approved. I also don't have any credit cards or loans from the bank. Your letter should suffice :)

lamerblue

Jun 28, 2023
I'd like to thank everyone who replied to this, your comments eased my concerns, I did as you all suggested and submitted the bank letter + statement + a letter explaining to the IRCC that I don't have any debts and that my bank won't include this information. Hope this works.
Hello! I'm facing a similiar situation as yours... did it work? did you have any feedback form IRCC? Thanks!

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Did you explain that you don't have loans and credit cards in a LoE? I don't know how to prove that I don't have neither of them. Thanks
I did not provide them any loan or credit card debt details. Neither they asked for for it. All I submitted was bank statements and a spread sheet showing monthly average in rupees and corresponding CAD.

And for my USA bank account I did not even submit conversion, I just submitted my bank statements.

They never questioned me regarding the finances.

But I would suggest you give them as much details as possible and put a cover sheet with the spreadsheet to explain.

Reactions: lamerblue

lamerblue

Jun 28, 2023
I did not provide them any loan or credit card debt details. Neither they asked for for it. All I submitted was bank statements and a spread sheet showing monthly average in rupees and corresponding CAD.

And for my USA bank account I did not even submit conversion, I just submitted my bank statements.

They never questioned me regarding the finances.

But I would suggest you give them as much details as possible and put a cover sheet with the spreadsheet to explain.
Thank you very much! Within the spreadsheet showing monthly average funds... did you include only the past six months?

anandsin

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Thank you very much! Within the spreadsheet showing monthly average funds... did you include only the past six months?
Yes that's correct. I just showed 6 months averages. And try to show more than what is required. I think that helps.