+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bank statement proof

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
I have a few questions. My first question, I am planning on going into service canada to try and get my health card. one of the proofs I need is that I have been living in canada, and the only option there I have is a bank statement. however, I have been receiving my monthly statements online, so my husband and I went to our bank and asked them to mail us a statement which i got a few days ago. However, this statement is not "official" ie the teller printed us out a 'print screen' copy of our bank statement and mailed it to us. Would this be acceptable?

Also, I am planning on going to the usa in december to visit my family. will this violate any of the laws with my getting the OHIP?

lastly, I became a permanent resident/landed on the 21st of June, but have not applied for OHIP yet. Does that mean none of this time has counted towards the 3 months?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I have a few questions. My first question, I am planning on going into service canada to try and get my health card.
Service Ontario, not Service Canada!

one of the proofs I need is that I have been living in canada, and the only option there I have is a bank statement. however, I have been receiving my monthly statements online, so my husband and I went to our bank and asked them to mail us a statement which i got a few days ago. However, this statement is not "official" ie the teller printed us out a 'print screen' copy of our bank statement and mailed it to us. Would this be acceptable?
http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~5/$File/9998-82E.pdf
• Monthly mailed bank account statements for savings or chequing accounts (does not include receipts, bank books, letters or automated teller receipts)

If it's just a print screen sent by the bank, this may not work. However really the only one that can say is the Service Ontario employee processing your OHIP.

Also, I am planning on going to the usa in december to visit my family. will this violate any of the laws with my getting the OHIP?
How long are you going for? As long as you don't spend cumulative 30 days outside Ontario in first 6 months from landing as PR, you would be fine.

To maintain eligibility for OHIP coverage you must be an eligible resident of Ontario. This means that you must :
  • have an OHIP-eligible citizenship/immigration status; and
  • be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period; and
  • be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province; and
  • make your primary place of residence in Ontario.

lastly, I became a permanent resident/landed on the 21st of June, but have not applied for OHIP yet. Does that mean none of this time has counted towards the 3 months?
The 3 month waiting period started June 21. So you can really go to register for OHIP up to Sept 21.There is no advantage to going earlier, as you can get your OHIP number on the spot to use immediately once 3 months waiting period is up.