Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-10-2010
Hello Friends,

I have received approval email from CIO on 10th June, 2009 and am in process of arranging all documents. I am an NRI living in Nigeria and bank doesnt send me original bank statement and usually they send monthly statement by email.

Will that be accpetable to CIC?
If yes, please advise for how many months do I have to provide statement for?

Further, I have fixed deposits with Indian bank and also have their certificate on their letter head, but is in the name of my spose?
Will this is be acceptable too?

Please clarify.

Thank you in advance.

hiabhay

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2009
Doc's Request.
10-06-2009
AOR Received.
10-06-2009
IELTS Request
10-06-2009
File Transfer...
17-06-2009
Med's Request
18-11-2009
Med's Done....
17-12-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-10-2010
Thanks for the information.

I am not in India and I have only pdf version of monthly bank statements.

Please also advise whether bank certificate in the name of spose will be acceptable to CIC?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hiabhay said:

Please also advise whether bank certificate in the name of spose will be acceptable to CIC?
Hi

Congrats for your File number. If you also have your name along with your wife on the FD's then it will work, otherwise it wont.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
rocky272727 said:
hiabhay said:

Hi

Congrats for your File number. If you also have your name along with your wife on the FD's then it will work, otherwise it wont.
please provide the source of this information. as my understanding is that the funds can be in your name and/or in your spouse's name... and there isn't any need for having your name with your spouse's name on the Fixed Deposit certificate. it can be either in your name or in your wife's name. this is what i have read on this forum. that's why i would ask you to please provide the source of your information. thanks.

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
ja77 said:
rocky272727 said:
hiabhay said:

Hi

please provide the source of this information. as my understanding is that the funds can be in your name and/or in your spouse's name... and there isn't any need for having your name with your spouse's name on the Fixed Deposit certificate. it can be either in your name or in your wife's name. this is what i have read on this forum. that's why i would ask you to please provide the source of your information. thanks.

I would do exactly what the manual and the guides says. No where in any of the guides does it say proof of funds in the name spouse only is acceptable. It is up to you though to decide which authority you want to believe - the CiC guides or the postings of faceless screen names on an online forum.

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
Hi,
It is okay to show a part of your settlement fund in the name(and only in the name) of your spouse as long as he/she will land in Canada with you after receiving the visa to become a permanent resident; however, it's better to show half/major part of the settlement fund in the name of the primary applicant, this might be from some single account or joint account where the primary applicant is one of the account holders and reserves the equal rights as the other account holders. It is written in the manual that the settlement fund should be accessible after you land in Canada.
Regards
joy