+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bank draft/cheque...London visa office

stan25

Nov 23, 2010
Hi guys,

1. What is the acceptable payment to the London Visa Office; is it by bank draft or cheque because on the visa specific instruction website, there seems to be a conflict on what they want......initially, it says;

a federal skilled worker......pay the processing fees to the CIO in Canadian funds. Fees are payable by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) or to the "Receiver General for Canada" by:certified cheque, •bank draft, or •money order.Do not enclose cash.Note: Refer to the Payment Instructions in this section for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Then below it it says:

Payment Instructions
Consult the Fees section of our Web site or the Guide for Skilled Worker Applicants to calculate your fees. You must use a bank draft payable to the order of the “Receiver General for Canada” in Canadian dollars. Do not enclose cash..

2. My second question is; when are we meant to pay this money? Is it when submitting application and documents to the visa office in london or when they ask you to go and do medicals?

I will appreciate contributions from forum members. Thanks.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
stan25 said:
Hi guys,

1. What is the acceptable payment to the London Visa Office; is it by bank draft or cheque because on the visa specific instruction website, there seems to be a conflict on what they want......initially, it says;

a federal skilled worker......pay the processing fees to the CIO in Canadian funds. Fees are payable by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) or to the "Receiver General for Canada" by:certified cheque, •bank draft, or •money order.Do not enclose cash.Note: Refer to the Payment Instructions in this section for the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Then below it it says:

Payment Instructions
Consult the Fees section of our Web site or the Guide for Skilled Worker Applicants to calculate your fees. You must use a bank draft payable to the order of the “Receiver General for Canada” in Canadian dollars. Do not enclose cash..

2. My second question is; when are we meant to pay this money? Is it when submitting application and documents to the visa office in london or when they ask you to go and do medicals?

There are two types of payments ,

1 - The application fee which you have to submit along with the application.
2- Landing fee, which when instructed from the Visa office (most probably along with medicals or after medicals) has to be sent.

The best way to sent is by BANK DRAFT.
You can get it done from any bank or Money Exchange.

Cheers..

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
stan25 said:
Hi guys,

Payment Instructions

1) bank draft or cheque are the same things. but you cannot send personal cheque from your cheque book. it should be in canadian dollars and if you you go to bank they will give you a bank draft drawn on foreign bank in canadian dollars.

2) RPRF is payable at time of medicals. Do not send it now. they will ask you at the time of medicals.

anwar77m

Oct 8, 2009
Yemen
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2009
Doc's Request.
26-01-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2010 2nd AOR : 23-03-2010
IELTS Request
done befor
File Transfer...
04-02-2010 In process on :24 -08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
27-09-2010 Medical sent : 30-09-2010 RPRF Sent : 18-11-2010
Interview........
waived ??
Passport Req..
11-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011 :D
LANDED..........
13-06-2011 Calgary
stan25 said:
Hi guys,

Payment Instructions

hi

there is 2 types of payment
1st one processing fee

550 CAD for principle applicant
550 for spouse
550 for any member older than 22 y
150 for any member younger than 22 y

this fee should be send with full application to Canada - CIO
you can use bank draft , bank Check . or credit card

2nd one is RPRF (RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCY FEE )

490 for principle applicant
490 for spouse

this fee you have 2 choices to sent it

-you can send it with the full application to Canada
-and you can send it later on to London V.O when they ask for medical
but you have to know that London V.O only accept bank draft or bank Check ,,,, they will not accept credit card

i hope this will help

good luck

stan25

Nov 23, 2010
Hi,

I want to say many thanks to SATDXB, wxyz123, anwar77m for your helpful responses. Your explainations were quite detailed and very helpful indeed. Keep up the good work and regards.

Stan25