+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank certificate or Bank statement

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008
Dear all this subject concern a lot of applicants because the visa office never clarify that in what shape they need proof of funds and there is a big difference between statement and certificate, any one knows that what is the best option to provide either or of the two

takingchances

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kkhan870 said:
Dear all this subject concern a lot of applicants because the visa office never clarify that in what shape they need proof of funds and there is a big difference between statement and certificate, any one knows that what is the best option to provide either or of the two
Bank certificate is mandatory; bank certificate is nothing but a written statement from a bank that you are having a particular amount with their branch (to be shown in Canadian dollars). Just go to your bank and request the manager to give, it is very simple and you will get it within half an hour. Best of luck.

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I second him.

takingchances said:
Bank certificate is mandatory; bank certificate is nothing but a written statement from a bank that you are having a particular amount with their branch (to be shown in Canadian dollars). Just go to your bank and request the manager to give, it is very simple and you will get it within half an hour. Best of luck.

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008
hope_life said:
I second him.
What about statement, from statement they will study the account for any sudden deposits but with certificate it doesn't shows a sudden huge deposit but it just tell you the balance as of the date, a lot of people are having problems for maintaining those funds for a long time and they do withdrawals and for those people what do you think they should just provide the certificate but not statement just to get away with this problem

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brother, you can include details of ur FDRs in that, that will suffice, i guess.

kkhan870 said:
What about statement, from statement they will study the account for any sudden deposits but with certificate it doesn't shows a sudden huge deposit but it just tell you the balance as of the date, a lot of people are having problems for maintaining those funds for a long time and they do withdrawals and for those people what do you think they should just provide the certificate but not statement just to get away with this problem

Gracey_Israel

May 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day everyone! I just want to ask what if the bank account is just new but it has enough fund to proof .. I just opened it last January & deposited money this May. You can think they can consider my bank statement..Thanks. reply is very much appreciated..Godbless us all.

kkhan870

Nov 21, 2008
Gracey_Israel said:
Good day everyone! I just want to ask what if the bank account is just new but it has enough fund to proof .. I just opened it last January & deposited money this May. You can think they can consider my bank statement..Thanks. reply is very much appreciated..Godbless us all.
Brother you should think of a way to just give them bank certificate that's what I'm I believe in I think comments are appreciated if any

Gracey_Israel

May 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Israel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're right thats why i will also show my documents regrding the property i acquired hope this can help also...

MASunny

Apr 20, 2012
I assume that your bank statement is more comprehensive and likely asked by visa officer. Because it tells the whole story rather than a bank letter from branch manager who confirms that you have C$xxxx in your account since date xxxx.

Hence, your last 6 - 9 months statments are likely needed at some stage of your apps processing!

kkhan870 said: