+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Banglore VFS - Visitor Visa (TRV) - Processing Time (May 2016)

farazkapadia

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
AOR Received.
11-06-2016
murugsv said:
Summary of all the May 2016 application so far.

ashetga
VFS Office: Hyderabad (Bangalore)
Date: 09 May 2016

chefprashi
Date: 13th May 2016

sibhav
Date: 13th May 2016

MunnaReddy
Date: 16th May 2016

canadababu
Date: 30th May 2016

murugsv
VFS Office: Chennai (Bangalore-New Delhi)
Date: 25th May 2016
Hi, do we have any spreadsheet to track the timelines for trv. I applied for trv for my wife on 28 July, its showing under process at Bangalore office. I want to know what is the current processing time. I had submitted paper application at VFS, Ahmedabad.

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
:eek:

Employment Letter Requirement:
- Written on company letterhead
- Signed by responsible officer
- have printed the name and title of the responsible officer beneath the signature
- show company's full address, telephone, fax, email
- stamped by company

It should include
- Period of employment
- Position
- Responsibilities and duties
- NOC (Optional)
- Total hours and salary
- Hours/Week

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am preparing to apply TRV for my mother in law, is there any thread where the application process and documentation has been discussed in detail, can somebody point me in the right direction.

I have gathered the documents but need to understand the sections and what goes where.

I can see the following on cic site:

Application forms Section

Supporting Documents Section

Optional Documents Section

Query #1
Application for Visitor Visa Made outside Canada (IMM5257) section:
Filled Form

Question 10: marital status is widowed and

Question 11 asks for have you been previously married answer is yes and mentioned my Late father in laws details m i right in doing so? I tried answering no that does not work or accepted the forms through and error message.

Languages section: i mentioned regional language in section a) and neither is what i selected in section b) and c)

Can i provide my number as alternate number or my mother in law?

Employment section i am mentioned all the places my in laws lived during their employment days.

she has a fresh passport so NO is the answer for all background information questions. m i missing something here ?

Can i ask her to sign and use a pic of the same as digital signature? and

if i am the representative staying in canada do i still need to send it to new delhi (use outside canada form) or i can send it to canada visa office (use inside canada forms)?

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Query #1
Filled Form
Option 1: If you are doing this online, once you answer all the eligibility question, you should see a download option
Option 2: Use the following link and select the country you are applying from (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp)

Question 11 asks for have you been previously married answer is yes and mentioned my Late father in laws details m i right in doing so? I tried answering no that does not work or accepted the forms through and error message.
- Yes, it will throw an error, if you have a combination on windowed in question 10 and No in question 11. So you will have to select Yes and give spouse details.

she has a fresh passport so NO is the answer for all background information questions. m i missing something here ?
- Generally, NO to all questions.

- No

if i am the representative staying in canada do i still need to send it to new delhi (use outside canada form) or i can send it to canada visa office (use inside canada forms)?
Option 1: If you are doing this online, once you answer all the eligibility question, you should see a download option
Option 2: Use the following link and select the country you are applying from (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp)

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MunnaReddy said:
Query #1
Filled Form

- Yes, it will throw an error, if you have a combination on windowed in question 10 and No in question 11. So you will have to select Yes and give spouse details.

- Generally, NO to all questions.

- No

First of all thanks for the reply....

I tried re-doing the online application after eligibility questions answered it brings me to the section where i can upload the documents and forms online. the forms that should be filled are Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257) (required)

So one thing is clear i need to fill the forms outside of canada and it will go to india processing centres.

Q10 and 11 already filled with the information relevant.

Now the question about use of representative i am getting all docs from in laws and uploading so is it recommended to use the use of representative form?

thanks in advance

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
I am bit confused about your situation. Are you trying to apply paper based visitor visa on behalf of someone else (mother-in-law)? I am not sure, if you can do that. However, this would complicate your process. It would be much easier if you do it online or paper based in-person at VFS office.
If you are applying online. Yes, you can drop off the passport at nearest VFS office upon request.

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MunnaReddy said:
I am bit confused about your situation. Are you trying to apply paper based visitor visa on behalf of someone else (mother-in-law)? I am not sure, if you can do that. However, this would complicate your process. It would be much easier if you do it online or paper based in-person at VFS office.
If you are applying online. Yes, you can drop off the passport at nearest VFS office upon request.
Hello Munnareddy apologies for confusing you... i will re-iterate the situation.

I am applying online for TRV for my in laws.

As you mentioned i checked the eligibility and answered some more questions and it brought me to the section where i can upload the documents and that sections automatically pull application made outside canada.
so i am clear i am in the right section and will be uploading the right set of documents.

thanks again

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The next section after filling the form is

Passport Section: I am uploading a copy of my in laws passport

Invitation letter Section:I am uploading the following

1. Invitation letter
2. Employment Letter
3. Business Incorporation Letter
4. Bank Statement for Personal Account (receiving Salary) and Business Account
5. Lease Agreement and Power Bill (For Address)
6. PR Cards Copy (Me and my wife)
7. Notice of Assessment (IT Returns)

M i good with the document attached to the Invitation letter section or do i need some more?
thanks in advance

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Next section in scope is :

Proof of means of financial support: I am uploading the following
1.Cover Letter explaining the family composition from my in laws perspective and why they have to return back to india.
2.Pension Certificate
3.Bank Statement related to Pension
4.Bank Statement Personal Savings
5.Notarized copy of the regional language property documents
6.Property document Translated in english
7.Affidavit by the translator

Is that all i need or m i missing something in this ?
Please let me know how to attach a file or jpg on the system to the post
Thanks in advance

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Looks Good! It always nice to send as many documents as you can. Just make sure you have them in chronological order for the officer to review. If you feel it is an important document and don't know under what section it would fit in you can upload them into additional documents section.

Good Luck!

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MunnaReddy said:
Looks Good! It always nice to send as many documents as you can. Just make sure you have them in chronological order for the officer to review. If you feel it is an important document and don't know under what section it would fit in you can upload them into additional documents section.

Good Luck!
i will be adding a support document list with a chronological order.
Thanks for the support..

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Proof of Relationship section: I am uploading the following

1. Marriage Certificate
2. Passport (wife's)
3. Birth certificate( wife's)

Hope these are enough for the section.please advise.
thanks

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Purpose of Travel Section: i am uploading the following:

1. Cover letter
2. Doctors letter with delivery due date
3. Medical Reports

Hope these are enough for the section.please advise.
thanks

newbee1990

Apr 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
16-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
23-08-2016(SA)
Med's Done....
27-05-2016
Interview........
24-08-2016 (AOR2)
Passport Req..
30-08-2016 (TRV PPR)
Also upload, Travel Tickets.
CIC Says :

Document: Purpose of Travel - Other

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment.

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newbee1990 said:
Also upload, Travel Tickets.
CIC Says :

Document: Purpose of Travel - Other

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment.
Thanks for the reply .. i am adding a flight itinerary as well..