+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

band draft

anjali18

Dec 29, 2011
hi, i have a problem. i submitted my application for multiple entry visa. attached a bank draft for150$ canadian dollars but the draft is on the name of counsolate general of canada. have been reading in the forum dat i should mention receiver geneneral of canada. what should i do now. will my application be rejected.? please let me know.

iktty

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa to la
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 17, 2011
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2011
Med's Request
Oct 29, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov16, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
wai ting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Well, I think you can phone your bank first, see if it is possible to change it if it hasn't en-cashed.
If it has been en-cashed, i think that means no problem for the "name". Better e-mail immigration office, and double check with your bank.
Good luck.

anjali18

Dec 29, 2011
hey thanks fr d reply.. bt i contacted d visa office through mail and they didnt reply yet.. do u kn any phone number f i can reach dem. i m nt very familiar with bank process.. will the bank change d name .. is it possible..? i have already send d draft on dat name..

iktty

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa to la
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 17, 2011
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2011
Med's Request
Oct 29, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov16, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
wai ting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Then, try to send immigration office specific case enquiry. The link will be on the immigration office website or you can google it. I suggest that call your bank and talk to the agency, ask the agency if the draft been en cashed or not. This means if it been enchased, the immigration office already accept it. If they dont accept your bank draft, they wont deposit it. Because it wont show on your bank statement. You can do both of these together.
Normally you need to give immigration officer time to reply you. Be patient it won't be really soon.

iktty

Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Ottawa to la
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 17, 2011
File Transfer...
Oct 17, 2011
Med's Request
Oct 29, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov16, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 16, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
wai ting
LANDED..........
Waiting
By the way, all immigration office won't accept call for immigration questions, you only can contact them by email or fax. Bank won't be possible to change the ne I think. But if immigration office won't accept it, they will return the draft to you first instead of reject your case normally. Relax. It will be fine.

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
Hi there,
Anyone knows the BUFFALO CONSULATE FAX NUMBER?I applied for RE ENTRY VISA and my flight is on the 20th of April 2012,that would be on friday already. I have only 6 days left.Please reply,I really needed to know the status of my applications.Thanks a lot!!

anjali18

Dec 29, 2011
they dont really tell u d exact status of ur application.. dey just tell dat ur visa is in process.. i too have flight on 21st nd still waiting for my visa.. tried contacting dem bt dey just ask u to wait or if its really urgent dey will send d passport without d visa.. by the way when did u apply .? d fax number u can on their site!

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
Hey ANJALI 18,
I applied April 4,2012.My flight sched is on April 20th,2012 1:30 in the morning which means I have to check in thursday night and check in 10:30 pm.
Crossin' my finfers this today or tomorrow.How's yours ANJAlI18 applications????

miles19

Apr 14, 2012
Hey Anjali 18,
Did yu mailed by express post and did you send a return express envelope along with your applications.If so then,try to call this number1 888 550 6333 it's CANADA POST ad try to follow the instructions.They will ask your tracking number,postal code and adress.Inform that you need to find out the the status of your return envelope from FORT ERIE.
GOODLUCK.Mine was mailed out this evening and it will show tomorrow in the CANADAPOST online.So it should arrive 24-48 hous from today.

anjali18

Dec 29, 2011
HEY CONGO ON UR VISA.. I JUST CALLED THEM BUT THEY ARE SAYING THEY DONT HAVE ANY UPDATE.. I AM JUST WONDERING WHAT TO DO .. DID YOU CALL THEM AND SPOKE TO A CUSTOMER CARE AGENT.. THEY WERE CLOSED .. I WAS TRANSFERRED TO AUTOMATED SERVICE WHICH SAID THERE IS NO INFO ON THE TRACKING NO. PLEASE UPDATE.!

ditty

Apr 10, 2012
Anjali18,

Did you pay by US$ or Canadian dollars?
If it is US$ as per the website it is Consulate General of Canada only.
So I believe you are OK.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/assets/pdfs/visas/50_1_eng.pdf

If paying in US funds, make your payment instrument payable to the Consulate General of
Canada (or, if applying in Washington, to the Embassy of Canada). Payment in US funds by
bank draft or certified cheque must be drawn on a bank located in the United States.

If paying in Canadian funds, make your payment instrument payable to the Receiver
General for Canada. Payment in Canadian funds by bank draft or certified cheque must be
drawn on a bank located in Canada.