+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Band 6.0 Enough??

niransud

Sep 10, 2010
Hi,

I wrote my IELTS exam two weeks back and i got my results today.

Listening : 5.5

Reading : 5.5

Writing : 7.0

Speaking : 5.5

Overall 6.0 band.

I just want to confirm whether this score is enough to apply for canada migration with an arranged employment offer in my hand. I have more than 67 points even without the IELTS. My question is will this score be enough to apply for canada?. To add on to it, I'm a software engineer.

App

Star Member
Dec 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Included with application
IELTS Request
Over all 7.5 (Included with application)
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
I think you earned a total points of 8 for language ability.
you can use this to calculate the number of points for eligibility.
5.5 is considered moderate.
7.0 for writing is high.
Seniors on this forum might give more information.

honeyjack

May 20, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will get 10 points for IELTS 2 each for moderate & 4 for high , but with job offer in IT field you may require to score more then 6.5 in each..
All the best.... :)

niransud

Sep 10, 2010
Thanks for the feedback. When I submitted the application I had put moderate in english and after submitting the officer requested for immeidate IELTS SCORE but with this score can i not apply??.In the forum i did read that the canada officer will reject if you dont have moderate in all the parts but I 'm full filling the requirements.

Seniors and Lawyers your feedback on my case will be highly appreciated as i have to retake my IELTS exam in case required.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niransud said:
Thanks for the feedback. When I submitted the application I had put moderate in english and after submitting the officer requested for immeidate IELTS SCORE but with this score can i not apply??.In the forum i did read that the canada officer will reject if you dont have moderate in all the parts but I 'm full filling the requirements.

Seniors and Lawyers your feedback on my case will be highly appreciated as i have to retake my IELTS exam in case required.
Hi

You can apply but if visa officer thinks that its not enough then he might refuse your visa on the basis of english language skills, having 10 out of 16 is not bad but i heard if you have 12 in total then its safe. So you can try applying with the same result or re-sit and improve it.

Cheers
Saki

honeyjack

May 20, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saki is right & of course your case is AEO so you should improve yr results at least by scoring min. 6.5 in each section.
This will make you safe & you will be able to submit yr IELTS TRF untill VO finalize your case.
Honeyjack

niransud

Sep 10, 2010
Thanks for the quick response. I will apply and the rest lies in the hands of god. My noc comes under 2173,2174 etc.I would like to hear more comments from other users too.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niransud said:
Thanks for the quick response. I will apply and the rest lies in the hands of god. My noc comes under 2173,2174 etc.I would like to hear more comments from other users too.
Good luck

asaf

Star Member
May 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is new IELTS rule now....go to CIC website....you can find now you need 6.5 instant of 7 for each section for getting full 4 marks....

check it out...it is a good news...

asaf