Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kafka khaos said:
Moratorium? What moratorium??

“YA BLEW IT JIM” - BOSTON PIZZA FACING BOYCOTT FOLLOWING TFW HIRING SPREE http://ntfw.ca/2014/06/ya-blew-it-jim-boston-pizza-facing-boycott-following-tfw-hiring-spree/

MCDONALD'S RECRUITING INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS DODGING TFW FREEZE http://ntfw.ca/2014/06/mcdonalds-recruiting-to-international-students-to-dodge-tfw-freeze/
WOW, this is serious. I never thought employers in Canada could go to that length. Rightfully understand your concerns and hence the opposition. IMHO these employers need to be thoroughly prosecuted. As long as they exist there would always be people available from any poor part of the world who would want to come to Canada one way or the other. These employers are the real criminals.

pkefal

Jan 26, 2014
kafka khaos said:
Moratorium? What moratorium??

“YA BLEW IT JIM” - BOSTON PIZZA FACING BOYCOTT FOLLOWING TFW HIRING SPREE ...
MCDONALD'S RECRUITING INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS DODGING TFW FREEZE ...
Either you're blind or you deliberately posted this although it's untrue. The McDonald's advertisement predates moratorium for 210 days.. how can it be that it's "bypassing" it? The only reason they could do something like that is because the International Students didn't need an LMO and there were no job advertisement requirements but now that was lifted as well.

I really don't get you people, I seriously don't.. Nazi's were doing the same with their propaganda. So much hate and fear.. unbelievable..

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I must say that's a valid argument. I also missed the "posted 210 days ago" and only saw it now.

So perception is probably bigger than reality.

kafka khaos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkefal said:
Either you're blind or you deliberately posted this although it's untrue. The McDonald's advertisement predates moratorium for 210 days.. how can it be that it's "bypassing" it? The only reason they could do something like that is because the International Students didn't need an LMO and there were no job advertisement requirements but now that was lifted as well.

I really don't get you people, I seriously don't.. Nazi's were doing the same with their propaganda. So much hate and fear.. unbelievable..
The job add is was posted 210 days ago, and it is still valid and they are still seeking people to apply for that job. Otherwise they would close out that job posting. So either you are blind or you are willfully posting propaganda lying about macdonalds abuse of the TFW program. Which is it?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kafka khaos said:
The job add is was posted 210 days ago, and it is still valid and they are still seeking people to apply for that job. Otherwise they would close out that job posting. So either you are blind or you are willfully posting propaganda lying about macdonalds abuse of the TFW program. Which is it?
I won't draw that conclusion. It might very well be just laziness and not timely removal. That happens all the time - a job add remains posted even after the vacancy has been filled or is no longer valid.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Or they just decided to leave the ad until the moratorium is over, so that they'll meet the advertising requirement for a new LMO. Not saying they're saints and haven't abused the program before. Once again, it's a problem of lack of enforcement though and not of the actual program. Making assumptions based on just an active ad though is far from being proof of abuse

kafka khaos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
I won't draw that conclusion. It might very well be just laziness and not timely removal. That happens all the time - a job add remains posted even after the vacancy has been filled or is no longer valid.
Yes it happens. However the poster accused me of being a nazi for posting an currently active job posting. I think that was perhaps a bit harsh.

kafka khaos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkefal said:
bringing peoples attention to current active job postings is not propaganda.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kafka khaos said:
Yes it happens. However the poster accused me of being a nazi for posting an currently active job posting. I think that was perhaps a bit harsh.
Sure i see that as harsh too. Perhaps it would help both sides to cool down a bit. You too at times sounded a bit like "totally looking for any and every reason to curse twp no matter what". I know that is probably not the case and you are all ears for the counter argument too but just expressing the impression i got and possibly served as the cause. Hoping we all could get beyond that. Cheers

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
beholder69 said:
Or they just decided to leave the ad until the moratorium is over, so that they'll meet the advertising requirement for a new LMO. Not saying they're saints and haven't abused the program before. Once again, it's a problem of lack of enforcement though and not of the actual program. Making assumptions based on just an active as though is far from being proof of abuse
Very much possible. Say no evil until you know for sure as have the cases in news for twp exploitation.

pkefal

Jan 26, 2014
kafka khaos said:
Don't take it personal, it's just an expression that dictates my frustration. You have been constantly posting every single thread that is against TFW and fits your perception and beliefs. That's not even close to being objective about anything, let alone TFW. I'm not judging or patronize *you* as a person but your ideas and the means you use to convey your message e.g. finding posts 210 days old, and saying that McDonald's exploits that advertisement to bypass the moratorium and completely ignoring the fact that it might be a forgotten post (210 days old) or not even a valid job anymore (because of the moratorium). You ignore those and only keep the "international students" = "don't need an LMO".

You're the same person who was complaining at earlier posts that students don't get enough chances to a job and they might be left out of job and not be able to afford their tuition (you referenced an article that stated those) and now you COMPLAIN about a post that looks for International Students to work at McDonald's.. Isn't that a bit crazy or what? Except if you only care about Canadian students and the rest are 2nd class and disposable.

I'm not gonna turn this into a personal debate and my apologies if you were offended, it was not my intention. The use of an extreme term like "Nazi" was used to shake you a bit out couch, burst your balloon and try to see another perspective as well.

I understand a healthy debate and discussion but being one-sided and blind to any other perspective neither makes sense nor gives any value to your arguments.

Giannlopez

Jun 4, 2014
Good day everyone.just want to ask if anybody here knows if housekeeping is affected of the moratorium?got PPR last may 28.send to them my passport on may 29.i asked the VO in canada embassy the processing day.she said it would take 5-7days.tomorrow its been 10days.hoping tomorrow i will receive an email from them telling that my passport has a visa stamp.so nervpus because of the moratorium.can even sleep at night thinking of that.hopinh tomorrow ill be post here that i got my passport with a visa stamp. :)

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Giannlopez said:
Good day everyone.just want to ask if anybody here knows if housekeeping is affected of the moratorium?got PPR last may 28.send to them my passport on may 29.i asked the VO in canada embassy the processing day.she said it would take 5-7days.tomorrow its been 10days.hoping tomorrow i will receive an email from them telling that my passport has a visa stamp.so nervpus because of the moratorium.can even sleep at night thinking of that.hopinh tomorrow ill be post here that i got my passport with a visa stamp. :)

Check ur NOC code here

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/index.shtml

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@pkefal - a very sensible response rightly pointing out several things others felt too, but you specifically pulled those out and explained with much more consideration for others. Good one