+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bad Interview - decision made

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
HI CURINA,
I DON'T KNOW IF YOU ARE A CHRISTAIN OR NOT BUT YOU HAVE TO TRUST GOD.THE LORD JESUS CHRIST WILL DO IT MAY BE NOT FOR YOU MAY BE NOT FOR YOUR HUSBAND BUT FOR THAT BABY.PLEASE DIRECT YOUR ENERGY TOWARD PRAYING DEAR AND GOD WILL WORK HIS MIRACLES.
GOD BLESS YOU

Curina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2008
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. My husband got the refusal letter 4 days after the interview, so I am hoping that things move as fast as that. I will certainly keep you posted.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Curina said:
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. My husband got the refusal letter 4 days after the interview, so I am hoping that things move as fast as that. I will certainly keep you posted.
Before you appeal, ensure that your husband tell the truth about his interview, some of the things you said about the IO asked from your husband are hard to believe, if I use my common sense, a visa officer won't say if the baby is yours or not, they have discretion to reject your application and they don't have to say words like this to jeopardize their job.

BTW, where was the interview, was it LA?

Good Luck!

Curina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2008
Hi NewYorker,

thanks! my husband has no reason to lie to me and worst of all about something as important as his interview. It was in detroit. I spoke to a friend of mine who had an interview as well and was asked what colour underwear she had on as well as her spouse the first time they had you know what and was the light on or off. now you tell me was that appropiate?

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
you get crazy people everywhere... then you put them in a position of authority, and that's what you get!

I hope it all works out for you!!

AMB

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Curina-

Unfortunately, there have been a lot of ppl who have abused the system with marriages of convenience, and those people thought of lots of creative ways to be approved. Now, it's ppl like you who will suffer by being asked all those intrusive questions, but they CAN and will ask those questions to make sure your relationship is legit.

In terms of the appeal, I would just start working hard to gather more hard evidence for the appeal process. First, get all the information you can about your husband's removal process and what happened there. Second, gather AS MUCH information on your relationship that you can (above and beyond what you send in the sponsorship app). Letters from family and friends, proof of visits etc since you filed your app and so on. Yes, you are in for a wait for sure, but just be patient and start thinking outside the box about relationship evidence. Try not to dwell on the IO... there are great ones out there, but you didn't get one of them. Base your appeal on YOUR evidence, and let your lawyer work on what happened in the interview.

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Sex-related questions are More than appropriate. I think that at times it is more than necessary.
In my husbands application, I went far enough to tell them that there were some trips I used to make to see him (in Peru) were we rarely left the room, so needy we were of each other (emotionally and sexually.

It sounds inappropriate and it is in most situations, but not in a Canadian Immigration context.

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
Curina first of all very sorry to know that your husband got refusal other side you can share this insulting story to panel in hearing and if your baby born by then you have to take DNA test which will prove that baby is your and your husband's that will be the key factor to win your appeal and i want to assure you Inshallah ul aziz you will win the case its not fasle hope .. i assure you Inshallah best wishes!

smart_saqib143

Nov 21, 2008
i will tell you again if your baby born before hearing please do not forget to carry DNA test to prove its baby of you two.. that will obviously make you win Inshallah wish you all the best..

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
Curina, I have been through all that frustrating process of appeal. But luckily I got my visa pretty much faster than usual. From filling an appeal to ADR and getting my visa, it took us 9 months. Wish you all the best, just remember, you will be the winner in the end. Its just a test of time for your relationship and strength of bond. In my opinion, they also refuse to see if the couple would come back harder and more determined in the appeal if they are genuine. I have read somewhere, more than 50 percent of appeals are approved or won by the applicants, which means you dont have to worry about anything if you two are genuine, simple as that. Just hang on and keep on fighting.

Curina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2008
bad Interview ADR HEARING DATE SET

Hello all,

I got a date of March 06, 2009 for my ADR. I pray to god that things goes well and that my husband will be able to be here for the birth of his daughter.

Curina