+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Verification time! How long?

parfar

Jan 1, 2024
I thought it was possible to file a complaint if the processing time exceeded the estimated time on their website. However, I was not aware that 5 months must pass before filing a complaint.
For a mandamus complaint, 6 months (working months) have passed since the submission of the application.
I have submitted my case on June 1st. Therefore, about 5 months and three weeks have passed since my submission.

Reactions: msa90

Shen07

Mar 14, 2024
I applied for a visitor visa last Feb 1 and my eligibility was completed around March 7 and up until now my background verification still in progress and it’s been 6 weeks already.

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hi guys,
we received the biometric validity letter for both parents for their super visa application. We have been waiting since July 2022. What should i except if their eligibility has already passed and they have been in background check for over six months?

DRIS mertin

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
Qatar
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Hi guys,
we received the biometric validity letter for both parents for their super visa application. We have been waiting since July 2022. What should i except if their eligibility has already passed and they have been in background check for over six months?
I received BVL and PPR the same day on 13 March
The tracker was updated on 14 with visa number .
The background was completed after 9 month ( started on may 2023 and completed on february 2024 )

visa office : abu dhabi
Application : november 2022

Reactions: foxygrandpa

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
I received BVL and PPR the same day on 13 March
The tracker was updated on 14 with visa number .
The background was completed after 9 month ( started on may 2023 and completed on february 2024 )

visa office : abu dhabi
Application : november 2022
Congratulations!!! So should I expect good news then?

Reactions: DRIS mertin

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Wow!! Even if PPR hasn’t come yet? Thank you so much and ours is also Abu Dhabi office. Can you believe almost 2 years?

DRIS mertin

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
Qatar
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
This morning at 3 am.
24 H after BVL your tracker will be updated .
Hope the visa number will appear . then you will receive the PPR
When it’s a rejection you should receive the BVL and the rejection letter in the same day .
Abu dhabi are working on backlog

Reactions: foxygrandpa

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
For me it was BVL and PPR in the same day , but usually it’s bvl then ppr
Or bvl and rejection letter in the same time .stay tuned with your tracker ;)
So unfortunately both applications were refused after almost 2 years, claiming that "I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you". I don't know what this means because everything on the application was accurate.

DRIS mertin

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
Qatar
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
So unfortunately both applications were refused after almost 2 years, claiming that "I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions asked of you". I don't know what this means because everything on the application was accurate.
So sad for you , waiting 2 years , at the final refusal .
So order gcms notes and cbsa notes to try to solve the issue for the next application .