+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background verification status has been switched from complete to In progress.

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
Hello,

my background check was completed last year on November 17th, but today the status suddenly switched to 'in progress.' Has anyone else experienced this or know what it might mean?

Thank you!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

my background check was completed last year on November 17th, but today the status suddenly switched to 'in progress.' Has anyone else experienced this or know what it might mean?

Thank you!
Did you give FP as part of Background check?

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
Do you remember when you did it? As its valid for a year and if your application is still in-progress you need to do it again.
It was a year ago I did my background check. if that is the case they should have requested for a new background, instead it switched to "in progress" with no request for the new ones!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
It was a year ago I did my background check. if that is the case they should have requested for a new background, instead it switched to "in progress" with no request for the new ones!
You should get the new request soon. Additionally call and check with IRCC

Debby25

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
Hello,

Thank you!
Last year you mean Nov 2023 or Nov 2022?

moden88

Star Member
May 11, 2020
I would say just walk-in to the same office where you made you finger prints before and ask them to re-do it using the old request. Maybe we need to ask some of the guys who did a second set of finger prints if whether the second test request came from the same office that intiated the first request or it came from the processing office

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
I would say just walk-in to the same office where you made you finger prints before and ask them to re-do it using the old request. Maybe we need to ask some of the guys who did a second set of finger prints if whether the second test request came from the same office that intiated the first request or it came from the processing office
I called them and asked if I could redo the BG and send it back. They said they would ask me when it's required!!