+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

emadielts

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all, I did not apply to london Visa office, I applied to Cairo office and medical exams for us go to London then london medical office forward their assessment to Cairo. Most of applicants from Egypt through Qubuec selection recieve Visa within 3 months of sending the medicals. Thanks for telling me that ecase does not show up date address in some cases , so it might be similar ecase does not show up date medicals. Now ,it is one month since they recieved my medicals because I did the medicals few days before mid August ,and the Doctor took 5 days to send it.

Yes, I lived 3 years in one of the nordic countries and I provided police certificate .

However, the odd thing which happened during my application, I recieved medical request without RPRF fees , at the same time I got work permit to Canada, so that I paid from my own the RPRF before travelling to Canada, and I sent letter to the officer explaining that is easier for me to pay from my country before travelling to Canada .

Thanks

paris_33 said:
First of all, let me tell you that every visa office has its own specific set of procedures, as each VO is run by a program manager. Needless to say, every person has his/her own way of running a business !! We all know that.

London VO takes 3-5 months to reflect MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED on e-cas. London VO has a medical office as well which is responsible for evaluating medical results for many countries of the world including, but not limited to, all Gulf countries and Pakistan, not just the UK. The vast majority of visa applications are filed from residents in these countries as citizens of more than 150 nationalities are resident in Gulf countries. It is unfair for London VO that it has been given control of so many countries in the world, resulting in a longer processing time for visa applications.

Yes, my visa office is Paris as I am a resident of Paris, France. Paris is a bit faster than London when it comes to processing applications as Paris is responsible for fewer nations than the London VO. However, the overall processing time depends on many factors and the most important of them are the medical and criminality checks on visa applicants.

1 / You still have time for your medical results to be reflected on e-cas. A citizen of UK received medical update on his e-cas after about 4 months from the date of his medical examination. I hope this timeline can give you some idea. Aug 15 2011 is the date you have sent in your medical results, so you can expect a medical update on e-cas by the end of Dec 2011. After this medical update, the time consuming security screening begins that could last another 6 months on average. It could take longer and as much time as it requires and no one, virtually no one, including your visa office can do anything about it because it is not the visa officer that does the screening, the visa officer only gets the results. It is done by CSIS, the national intelligence and spy agency of Canada. They are not answerable to anyone and they will take as long as it takes to complete a security screening on visa applications.

2 / Do NOT contact the visa office for any update on your address. They have already updated the change of address in the CIC visa processing system but it is not shown in the e-cas. I have also updated my address but my e-cas still shows my old address. So stay away from contacting them, if you contact them, a visa officer has to respond to your email and it takes time away from processing applications such as yours to answering emails. So rest assured that it has changed in your file and it may not reflect e-cas. E-cas is not yet developed, so do NOT rely too much on e-cas. Rely only on what you receive from your visa office, either by normal post or email.

3 / Yes, I have contacted CSIS only to get familiar with the process. That does not mean you should do the same thing. I have taken these steps only to get an ideal of the processing stages of a visa application. This is why I am giving you a very realistic picture of the situation. London VO has already given you the priority you deserve when they have sent you the medical instructions within 60 days. After your results have been evaluated, the major time consuming stage of your application begins. The Security Checks. When I said 10 months, I meant up to 10 months. As I said, it is a mystery and an intelligence related question. No one, virtually no one, knows how much time it takes for the CSIS to complete security checks on visa applications. A visa will NOT be issued unless and until the CSIS forwards a favorable recommendation to your visa officer on your visa application.

Most applicants usually get their PPR's within 6 months of completing their medical exams. But are all applicants same ? The answer is No.

You can only pray that you get your visa soon. I hope so too.

Your medical results are awaiting a formal review by the visa office's medical officers. It is in the queue. So, do not worry.

Thanks.

P

paris_33

emadielts said:
First of all, I did not apply to london Visa office, I applied to Cairo office and medical exams for us go to London then london medical office forward their assessment to Cairo. Most of applicants from Egypt through Qubuec selection recieve Visa within 3 months of sending the medicals. Thanks for telling me that ecase does not show up date address in some cases , so it might be similar ecase does not show up date medicals. Now ,it is one month since they recieved my medicals because I did the medicals few days before mid August ,and the Doctor took 5 days to send it.

Yes, I lived 3 years in one of the nordic countries and I provided police certificate .

However, the odd thing which happened during my application, I recieved medical request without RPRF fees , at the same time I got work permit to Canada, so that I paid from my own the RPRF before travelling to Canada, and I sent letter to the officer explaining that is easier for me to pay from my country before travelling to Canada .

Thanks
Thanks for clarifying the situation. You did the right thing by sending a letter to the visa officer.

RPRF can be paid anytime during the processing of an application. It is your choice.
If not paid initially, the visa officer will ask for it just before visa issuance.

It is normal for visa offices to request medical exams without asking for RPRF fees. As I said, if not paid initially, it will be requested just before visa issuance.

But if paid before leaving for Canada, that will be the best action you can take. The choice is yours.

Anyway, I wish you good luck and a speedy process for your application.
Hope you get your visa soon.

puniajas

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 april2011
Doc's Request.
Not requested
Nomination.....
March 11
AOR Received.
4may2011
IELTS Request
Submit. With app 6 overall
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
14may
Med's Done....
24 June 2011. Receive by sydeny office 15 sep 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 th dec. 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 dec 2011
LANDED..........
Already in Canada on work permit. From June 15 2011 Landed again on north potal border on 7 January 2012 receive pr card on 5 march 2012
Hi Paris. / qorax

Toady I check my ecase it shows medical result have been receive. As I told u my. Adress was missing from. Last 10 days
It means Sydney office. Australia. Awake.
Now how long. To wait for ppr.

1 more question. As I mentioned. Medical have been receive. Now. Background check done. Means. They already done investigation bout. Qualification. Documents. Nd experience. Or. They gonna. Investigate. Previous. Experience. Now.

Thanks

ickodothy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2010
AOR Received.
February 8, 2011
IELTS Request
February 8, 2011
File Transfer...
April 29, 2011
Med's Request
August 29, 2011
Med's Done....
September 21, 2011
Interview........
August 22, 2011
Passport Req..
February 6, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 23, 2012
LANDED..........
Tentatively on May 2012. See Ya'll! ;)
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Do these things apply for post-june 2010 applicant as well?

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes everything except under the new rules applicants sends complete application to CIO instead of VO and the following 120 days timeline to submit complete app to VO a sper previous rules is eliminated under new rules.

ickodothy said:

Do these things apply for post-june 2010 applicant as well?

singaporean

Jul 18, 2011
Hi Qorax,

Hope that you are enjoying good health with high spirits. My time lines ara as follow:

Initial Application to CIO 23 Sep 2009
First AOR 18 Oct 2010
Second AOR 03 Aug 2011
Documents Sent to London VO 18 Feb 2011

I will be grateful if you could reply my following queries:
1- Police Certificates
Due to my relocation on 12 Sep 2010 to Singapore, I am short of one police certificate. Will there be any problem? I tried to get it through my brother but DSP refused to verify my certificate and ask that I have to be present before him. Should I write to CHC Londo about this problem?
2- I submitted my Bank letter for proof of fund as in Singapore banks do not provide bank statements. Will it be OK? Generally when I should start to maintain my minimum balance?
3-In my main form I typed my current profession wrong. Should I inform to CHC about my this?
4- I got my Master degree of Civil Engineering from Russia in 5 years. I also completed one year Russian language course before my Russian master's degree. My total education duration comes out 18 years(i-e: High School 10 years+College 2 years + One year Russian language course+5 years Master's degree). So how much points can I get for my education?

Regards,

P

paris_33

puniajas said:
Hi Paris. / qorax

Toady I check my ecase it shows medical result have been receive. As I told u my. Adress was missing from. Last 10 days
It means Sydney office. Australia. Awake.
Now how long. To wait for ppr.

1 more question. As I mentioned. Medical have been receive. Now. Background check done. Means. They already done investigation bout. Qualification. Documents. Nd experience. Or. They gonna. Investigate. Previous. Experience. Now.

Thanks
That is good news. You are a step closer to getting your PPR.

PPR usually take anywhere between 3-5 months after the medical update on e-cas.

However, this timeline varies, depending on how fast the VO is.
Since you are already in Canada, it is most likely that you will get your PPR within 3 months.

When your e-cas shows MEDICAL RESULTS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED, it usually means you have passed your medical examination and that there are no background checks pending on your application. Visa officers do not send medical requests unless they approve an application, including background checks. Now, ONLY the final security checks remain on your application.

Another contributing factor to the speedy processing of your application is that you are a provincial nominee. Provincial Nominee applications are processed faster than other applications. Your documents have already been pre-assessed by the nominating province.

And yes, medical update on e-cas means your security checks have already started. As soon as they are completed, the next moment you will get your PPR.

So enjoy your job and life in Canada. Good news will be coming to you soon.

My prayers will always be at your side.

puniajas

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 april2011
Doc's Request.
Not requested
Nomination.....
March 11
AOR Received.
4may2011
IELTS Request
Submit. With app 6 overall
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
14may
Med's Done....
24 June 2011. Receive by sydeny office 15 sep 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 th dec. 2011
VISA ISSUED...
21 dec 2011
LANDED..........
Already in Canada on work permit. From June 15 2011 Landed again on north potal border on 7 January 2012 receive pr card on 5 march 2012
Thanks. A lot. Paris.
Appreciate. Ur answer.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Qorax,

Guide please.............I sent my PP last week of july & got DD encashed last week of august. So approx. how much more time will it take?

Thanks
T

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tiarachel85 said:
Hi Qorax,

Guide please.............I sent my PP last week of july & got DD encashed last week of august. So approx. how much more time will it take?

Thanks
T
A week or two, for the 'stamping'. Despatch could take a bit more.

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear qorax,

im 2007 applicant waiting for MR CHC London
last month i was asked for updated forms and supplementary information form

can u shed some expertise for the importance of these requests? and do you
think my MR should be on the way soon

thank you

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
singaporean said:
Hi Qorax,

Hope that you are enjoying good health with high spirits. My time lines ara as follow:

Initial Application to CIO 23 Sep 2009
First AOR 18 Oct 2010
Second AOR 03 Aug 2011
Documents Sent to London VO 18 Feb 2011

I will be grateful if you could reply my following queries:
1- Police Certificates
Due to my relocation on 12 Sep 2010 to Singapore, I am short of one police certificate. Will there be any problem? I tried to get it through my brother but DSP refused to verify my certificate and ask that I have to be present before him. Should I write to CHC Londo about this problem?
2- I submitted my Bank letter for proof of fund as in Singapore banks do not provide bank statements. Will it be OK? Generally when I should start to maintain my minimum balance?
3-In my main form I typed my current profession wrong. Should I inform to CHC about my this?
4- I got my Master degree of Civil Engineering from Russia in 5 years. I also completed one year Russian language course before my Russian master's degree. My total education duration comes out 18 years(i-e: High School 10 years+College 2 years + One year Russian language course+5 years Master's degree). So how much points can I get for my education?

Regards,
1. If Singapore is mentioned in your apps - and u have resided there over 6 months - they would ask u for its PCC.
2(a). Usually they require bank statements, unless specifically asked for a Banker's Letter.
2(b). U r required to maintain@least 60-70% of the funds in your a/cs after submission of your POF docs.
3. Yes, write to your VO about that error asap.
4. U'd get points for 10[School]+2[College]+3[Graduation]+2[Masters]=17, in usual edn circumstances.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ItsBeenLongNow said:
dear qorax,

im 2007 applicant waiting for MR CHC London
last month i was asked for updated forms and supplementary information form

can u shed some expertise for the importance of these requests? and do you
think my MR should be on the way soon

thank you
That ADR [Addnl Docs Request] is part of your case processing. It suggests that your b/ground checks r 'on' -- meaning: Your file is being worked upon.

Qorax

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax,

Sorry 1 more question, could it be the security checks or documentation checks at this point in time

thanks for your reply in advance brother