Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Qorax
Thanks for you reply. I just want to ask you something abt my friend.
He been to Aus for student visa, one time he detained at airport because the think he is not genuine student but after lot of enquire they satisfied that he is genuine student and Aus immigration release him. He sent his NOC as well.
My question is, is this will effect his security checks? Will CHC know that he was detained in Aus?
My friend is in stress plz help
thanks

doc

Jul 24, 2009
Hi Qorax,

Can you explain what is the difference between 'Supplementary Checks' and 'Background checks'. In the immigration process only discussion is about background checks, which is taking from 4- 12 months on average, while in the TRV applications like Student visa or work permit the term supplementary checks is mentioned, and they are supposed to add 2-4 weeks in the normal processing time.

below is the attachment from the visa office guideline about work permit:

Applicants should count, on processing taking a minimum - not maximum - of 16 weeks (excluding statutory visa office holidays) from the time a complete application is submitted at the Visa Section, to the time the decision is released from our office. As supplementary checks are frequently required, you should be aware that processing may exceed 16 weeks from the receipt of a complete application.

Doc

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sunshine11 said:
Hi Qorax
Thanks for you reply. I just want to ask you something abt my friend.
He been to Aus for student visa, one time he detained at airport because the think he is not genuine student but after lot of enquire they satisfied that he is genuine student and Aus immigration release him. He sent his NOC as well.
My question is, is this will effect his security checks? Will CHC know that he was detained in Aus?
My friend is in stress plz help
thanks
Replied u elsewhere...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
doc said:
Hi Qorax,

Can you explain what is the difference between 'Supplementary Checks' and 'Background checks'. In the immigration process only discussion is about background checks, which is taking from 4- 12 months on average, while in the TRV applications like Student visa or work permit the term supplementary checks is mentioned, and they are supposed to add 2-4 weeks in the normal processing time.

below is the attachment from the visa office guideline about work permit:

Applicants should count, on processing taking a minimum - not maximum - of 16 weeks (excluding statutory visa office holidays) from the time a complete application is submitted at the Visa Section, to the time the decision is released from our office. As supplementary checks are frequently required, you should be aware that processing may exceed 16 weeks from the receipt of a complete application.

Doc
A minor stance of b/ground checks.

CloudShadow

Dec 2, 2010
Ok, there is something i dont understand. From what i have read in the forum this is how our application is processed

1. We send our application.
2. We get an Acknowledgement of Receipt
3. We get our file number and the application is transfered to the VISA office
4. Our Status changes to 'In Process'

(please correct me if i got the above wrong)

Now my case was kind of unique so a few things are quite unclear to me. I sent my application with full documents in December 2010, i got my AOR in July 2011 and my file number in August 2011( the 120 day letter/email). In that email CIO sydney has told me that my application will be transfered to my VISA office, which is what happens usually. But due to some reason instead of my status being RBVO, its In Process

In my ECASE page, when i click on the "In process'' link i get this

We received your application for permanent residence on December 8, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on March 4, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Can someone tell me what is going on here?

Yehia82

Star Member
May 28, 2011
Hi Qorax :

I was reading this very informative thread and came to my mind one question related to my situation ..... My Ukranian wife had a frequent travel history from Ukraine to Poland .... She is living near the Ukranian Polish borders and she was visiting Poland so frequent ( sometimes daily ) for over years .... She was buying goods there and selling in Ukraine , never had a problem with customs or any security
Will this cause any problem for the result of our apllication ????????

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
CloudShadow said:
Ok, there is something i dont understand. From what i have read in the forum this is how our application is processed

1. We send our application.
2. We get an Acknowledgement of Receipt
3. We get our file number and the application is transfered to the VISA office
4. Our Status changes to 'In Process'

(please correct me if i got the above wrong)

Now my case was kind of unique so a few things are quite unclear to me. I sent my application with full documents in December 2010, i got my AOR in July 2011 and my file number in August 2011( the 120 day letter/email). In that email CIO sydney has told me that my application will be transfered to my VISA office, which is what happens usually. But due to some reason instead of my status being RBVO, its In Process

In my ECASE page, when i click on the "In process'' link i get this

Can someone tell me what is going on here?
Not everyone gets that e-Cas of RBVO. U r good with 'in process', bro !
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Yehia82 said:
Hi Qorax :

I was reading this very informative thread and came to my mind one question related to my situation ..... My Ukranian wife had a frequent travel history from Ukraine to Poland .... She is living near the Ukranian Polish borders and she was visiting Poland so frequent ( sometimes daily ) for over years .... She was buying goods there and selling in Ukraine , never had a problem with customs or any security
Will this cause any problem for the result of our apllication ????????
If she has frequent immigration stamps on her pps - then there might be some addnl time taken for the security clearance. Else, she is good to go... no issues there.

Qorax

kpkinnera

Feb 10, 2011
Hi Captain qorax
once employer verification and PA verification call complete from VO how much time it take to further step?

Regards
Pavan

rajivkmar69

Aug 6, 2011
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
very nice . thanx for this explaination. keep telling these type of things to newcomers like me. thnx once again.

Yehia82

Star Member
May 28, 2011
qorax said:
If she has frequent immigration stamps on her pps - then there might be some addnl time taken for the security clearance. Else, she is good to go... no issues there.

Qorax
Thanks for your reply dear ; :( :( :( :( :( :( she got her passport stamped every time she enter Poland and leave it , maybe a 1000 time , :( :( :( :( :( :( :( but never had any security problem .

love bird 43

Aug 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEAR QORAX ,and all senior members,
i am on student visa , in UK, i am Pakistani national i have applied for Canada as(pr)visa in family class,
i am Pakistani national, i applied in 2009 at the end , they are doing my back ground checks, at the
moments, but my UK visa is running out on mid of October 2011,i have got about 30 days, from now,
and Canada high commission can send me ,passport request any time now, is that possible that if
come back to Pakistan , after couple of months my application gets approved, from London visa office,

(1) Is this possible that,on the behalf of intimation letter from The canada highcommission london,would i able to
get visa from The Canada highcommission in Islamabad .OR

(2) Send passport by hand to The canada highcommission london from pakistan,or if someone submits my passport to The . Canada high . commission London and collects as well, with the athrorization letter provided from me to him/her.

(3) And if i keep my London mailing address with The Canada high commission London to send the the passport on that . address,

and they replied me,
We are writing with regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Thank you for your correspondence.

Please be advised that, per our previous email, your application is currently undergoing background checks. We appreciate your continued patience.

You will be contacted when we are in a position to proceed, or should we require any further/updated information/documentation.

Please note that as your application is being processed in London, your visa can only be issued by the London visa office.

Yours sincerely,

High Commission of Canada/Haut-commissariat du Canada
Immigration Section/Service d'immigration (SXB)
38 Grosvenor Street
London/Londres W1K 4AA
United Kingdom/Royaume-Uni

they didn't give me a clear answer , is that OK that they don't have any problem about that, i am going to Pakistan , and they are OK with other two options which i have asked from them , about passport send by hand,from Pakistan to London.
plz note ( i have applied in family class) plz urgent advise me as i have 30 days left to take decision
PLEASE ADVISE ME

lhr_montreal

Nov 7, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
(Islamabad) Now London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am a quebec selected pakistani applicant, did medicals in Feb 2011 and sent the RPRF, Updated forms and updated PCC in feb 2011. Till now no PPR. I have sent an email on 08.08.2011 to CHC london but they didnt replied. How much time they take to reply the emails?
May Allah help us all

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lhr_montreal said:
I am a quebec selected pakistani applicant, did medicals in Feb 2011 and sent the RPRF, Updated forms and updated PCC in feb 2011. Till now no PPR. I have sent an email on 08.08.2011 to CHC london but they didnt replied. How much time they take to reply the emails?
May Allah help us all
It's not necessary that they'd reply. Many times they do not -- but u could send some repeat ones in a span of 3-4 weeks.

Your security checks r 'on'... sometimes they take long... till 7-9 months... and few get to the 'repeat meds stage' too [not that u'd be going that way... but u should know that].

All the best !
Qorax

simanto

Star Member
Aug 3, 2011
Dear Qorax, i sent med ,RPRF ,PCC, updated forms -background , on 2nd august and it was received on 5th ,this yr . Vo is singapore . How long it would take to issue ppr by the vo? I did not visit abroad ever . Will my case involve with security check and background check again ? Regards