+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

jako

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
nekeol said:
It means you are done
after security check maximum of three or four months for visa stamping, profile updating and issuing COPR.
Thank you very much for your response.

+2 for you.

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, I hope someone can shed some light on this. I live in a country whose canada VO is located in another country. Is a site visit of my workplace a feasible undertaking by ircc? I'm asking because I would need to inform the staff there.

mihandozz

Feb 3, 2017
Hello everyone,
I am experiencing a delay in processing.
Briefly, I applied for FSWP in Dec 2014, MR was in Nov 2015, Meds received in Feb 2016.
Also I have some 12 years military background in the past (probably a red flag).
All my fellows, who applied in 2014 from my country are already in Canada or have received PPR.
VO says that I am still on the background check. ECAS - "In process"
1. What can I do to speed up the process?
2. From which stage processing time is counted?
3. Is there an official maximum processing time? There is only average processing time on CIC website.

Thank you very much for your time and effort in advance.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi guys yesterday i have received my 4 th notes but everything similar to 1st,2nd,3rd notes but at last i see
status enquiry received.Standard security/background check pending template response sent,what does this mean?And my due date is 19 February.
Rabin

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnmunch said:
Hi all, I hope someone can shed some light on this. I live in a country whose canada VO is located in another country. Is a site visit of my workplace a feasible undertaking by ircc? I'm asking because I would need to inform the staff there.
Really? No-one has an idea?

Aamir087

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Hi,

I am CEC inland applicant (AOR 26th April 2016) and my BG is in progress since 20th nov 2016.

I applied for CSE around last month with following reply

"We verified the information you provided. Everything appears to be in order with the application. Please rest assured that you will be notified as soon as the case is finalized or if additional information is required."

My medical was extended for one year too, that I saw in my gcms notes as well. This Background check is taking such a long time.

Ayyan Ali

Jan 27, 2017
Hi,

I have applied for study permit to Abu Dhabi visa office in Nov 2016. I have emailed to visa office to know the status of my application, they replied me;

" All applications for temporary residence in Canada are subject to statutory requirements, including background checks.
These requirements must be satisfied before an applicant may be granted temporary resident status. We are currently
conducting certain background investigations."

I would be grateful If any member could comment on this, how much chances I have to obtain study permit after Embassy is conducting background investigation. Thank You.

cec_inland

Feb 15, 2017
As far as I know before giving a study permit security check is conducted by third party agencies. This is a time taking process.

As per today, cic processing time takes 8 weeks (and is subjected to change depending on

. Type of application submitted;
. Volume of applications received;
. How easily we can verify information;
. How well and how quickly you respond to any requests or concerns;
. Whether the application is complete.

Ref: www . cic . gc . ca / english / information / times / index . asp ,
remove spaces as it is not allowing me to post the link

Good luck!

brokenarrow

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-04-2016
Med's Request
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
11-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
LANDED..........
ASAP
when you did your Medical? What is your Visa Office?
Aamir087 said:
Hi,

I am CEC inland applicant (AOR 26th April 2016) and my BG is in progress since 20th nov 2016.

I applied for CSE around last month with following reply

"We verified the information you provided. Everything appears to be in order with the application. Please rest assured that you will be notified as soon as the case is finalized or if additional information is required."

My medical was extended for one year too, that I saw in my gcms notes as well. This Background check is taking such a long time.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
RabinJi said:
Hi guys yesterday i have received my 4 th notes but everything similar to 1st,2nd,3rd notes but at last i see
status enquiry received.Standard security/background check pending template response sent,what does this mean?And my due date is 19 February.
Rabin
Nothing hopeful from this brother.

Every time an applicant makes a query on any information through CSE/e-mail/GCMS, a note is created by a VO in GCMS system where VO writes which query the applicant made and the reply they made.

"Status inquiry received. Standard security/background check pending template response sent."

In your case, the above RED line is your query they received & the Green line is there reply that they have sent you "background check pending template". Grin

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
fahad04 said:
Nothing hopeful from this brother.

Every time an applicant makes a query on any information through CSE/e-mail/GCMS, a note is created by a VO in GCMS system where VO writes which query the applicant made and the reply they made.

"Status inquiry received. Standard security/background check pending template response sent."

In your case, the above RED line is your query they received & the Green line is there reply that they have sent you "background check pending template". Grin
Thanks Fahad brother,that means my security check is not started yet........
Rabin

cat_woman

Star Member
Nov 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-06-2016
AOR Received.
09-12-2016
Med's Request
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-06-2017
LANDED..........
08-07-2017
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
I am a july 2016 applicant, medicals passed and rprf have been paid yet my bg check says not started!! And according to the information you provided it should have started. Should i be worried? Any information would be appreciated.

Aamir087

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
cat_woman said:
I am a july 2016 applicant, medicals passed and rprf have been paid yet my bg check says not started!! And according to the information you provided it should have started. Should i be worried? Any information would be appreciated.
Did you requested gcms notes ?