Sep 21, 2010
US
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
abhishekgoel007 said:
Congrats & best of luck for your future in CANADA.
Thanks abhishekgoel007 ... congrats on your PPR too ;)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
arsalanahmed said:
Hi Qorax
I have a question for you.... I received a request from CHC to send my updated forms along with RPRF. By filling these forms I came to know that my family passports will be expired in July 2012. So Should I get new passports and mention their expiry date in forms or use current passport information for required forms submission?
In my opinion, since passport numbers will remain same (only expiry date will change) and no such obligation was mentioned in letter or forms (passport validity period) I can proceed with current passports and attach a covering letter mentioning that passports will be renewed within expiry date. What is your opinion....???
If u have time, renew ur pps & submit it's info. If u don't, no issues, send the current pps info. There's no requirement of sending any cover letter explaining the forthcoming pp renewals... as u renew them - update ur IO later.

Qorax

Grant2292012

Mar 7, 2012
FSW1-AFTER APPLICATION RECEIVED AND MONEY TAKEN, WHAT NEXT?

Hello everyone,

My application for FSW1 was received at CIO 29th Feb.2012 and my CC was charged 9th March,2012.

My question is;

What's next with my application?
When CC is charged does that mean I have been selected for further processing?
Will I be notified in writing by email?
How long will it take for CIO to notify me from 9th march,2012, when my CC was charged?

All contributions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

arsalanahmed

Feb 27, 2012
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2009
Doc's Request.
11-Mar-2010
File Transfer...
27-Jul-2010
Med's Request
14-Mar-2012
Med's Done....
16-Apr-2012
Interview........
Its waived for sure
Passport Req..
PPR1: 16-10-2012, PPR2: 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-12-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH March 2013
sazzadkw said:
Dear arsalanahmed ,,

Can you pls. tell us, in which MONTH/YY you received your 2nd AOR.

As i understand , LND VO start works based on 2nd AOR date.

Correct me seniors, if i am wrong
HI.. my 2nd AOR is July 2010. I have 90 days limit so I think I can renew my passports. Thanks for comments.

beely

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Gents,

I'am still waiting the letter which has been sent from my VO March 1st as per their e-mail to me

I'll try to be ready what ever the setuation, so i need to prepare my self incase of Rejection what ever the reason,

Could any one tell me how can i let the officer to reconsider my file again, is there a formal way to do it?

or i just need to write a coverletter regarding this issue.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
If u have time, renew ur pps & submit it's info. If u don't, no issues, send the current pps info. There's no requirement of sending any cover letter explaining the forthcoming pp renewals... as u renew them - update ur IO later.

Qorax
Hi Qorax Sir,
How are you?
when going for SURVIVAL job interview, can employer ask how come i got PR visa and on which NOC?
If yes, what we need to answer them???

Many thanks
Tia

sharmilas

Feb 3, 2010
united kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
20 April 2010 (Ist AOR)
AOR Received.
29 April 2010 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
27 April 2010
Med's Request
26th June 2012
Med's Done....
16th july 2012
Interview........
waived till now
Passport Req..
26th june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17th Dec 2013
LANDED..........
31st Jan 2014
tiarachel85 said:
Hi Qorax Sir,
How are you?
when going for SURVIVAL job interview, can employer ask how come i got PR visa and on which NOC?

Many thanks
Tia
dont worry about employer and NOC code. u can do whatever u want, if u got PR.

amandaM

Mar 14, 2012
Dear Qorax and friends,

Thanks a lot for your nice posts!

I have a question regarding to police certificates. I just received an email from VO asking me to submit police certificates. My police certificates were issues last September and would be valid for 1 year since the issue date. I wonder if I can submit them to the visa office. Would the issued-3 month-before-submiting-to-VO be considered?

I am also waiting to medical request. Did the VOs send you a list of designated medical offices in/near your area or cross your country?

Thanks again

rsrsva

Dec 24, 2010
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]> Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Dear Qorax

Is issue of 2nd aor means you clear the 67 point barrier or its calculate after issue the 2nd aor.

Thanks

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharmilas said:
dont worry about employer and NOC code. u can do whatever u want, if u got PR.
I know dear I can do what i want. But just in case if employer ask what should i say? Its because to take survival job we need to hide our main degree i suppose, or we will be called 'over qualified' for the job.
please clarify someone.

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tiarachel85 said:
Hi Qorax Sir,
How are you?

Many thanks
Tia
They will not 'ask'.
No one is party to CIC files/information, neither can they discriminate on any grounds... that's the 'Charter of Rights' here - and it is so sacred.

Qorax

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
They will not 'ask'.
No one is party to CIC files/information, neither can they discriminate on any grounds... that's the 'Charter of Rights' here - and it is so sacred.

Qorax
What a wonderful reply ,so many +1 for you Respected Captain

udayaradhya

Jan 6, 2011
Bangalore - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: FSW1-AFTER APPLICATION RECEIVED AND MONEY TAKEN, WHAT NEXT?

Grant2292012 said:
Hello everyone,

My application for FSW1 was received at CIO 29th Feb.2012 and my CC was charged 9th March,2012.

My question is;

What's next with my application?
When CC is charged does that mean I have been selected for further processing?
Will I be notified in writing by email?
How long will it take for CIO to notify me from 9th march,2012, when my CC was charged?

All contributions will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Hello Grant....your applciation will now be sent to the Visa Office in your country. it will take atleast 3 to 4 weeks for tht. you will then receive an email from your visa office as an acknowledgement of receipt of the documents (AOR). Keep a close look on your mailbox for any further updates from them.

If your credit card is charged, it normally means that it is selected for processing. however, the visa office may go through the documents again and do a re assessment. if found negative, they would reply back and return back the amount too.

Just keep looking at your emails and you will get the updates. Also, visit all the different areas on this forum, and study the timelines that others are going through, so that you get a fair idea.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
They will not 'ask'.

Qorax
Thanks indeed for replying Sir. Its very nice of you.

So if we visit any organisation for newcomers, is it ok to tell them that we are more than willing to take any survival job at first? Can they also guide in making our resume for survival job?