LANDED..........
19-October-2013
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Superbly explained in detail....It gives everyone more confidence as to how the processing takes places and the time frame involved in the same. Hats off to you sir !!

+1 for your efforts and guidance to everyone in this forum. You are a gem !!

Hope for best

Jan 17, 2012
DEAR QORAX

I am sorry for disturbing you all the time. One more question. I have renewed my passport. My old one was the manual one whereas the new one is the electronic one. In the new one ONLY the translation on the city of birth is different from the old one (City of birth MATCHES in both passports in ARABIC as I have an Egyptian passport). I was aware of this when I received back my passport but the officer told me that the new machine passports are coded and this city can never be translated in a different spelling. As the ARABIC name is the same (and it is also written in both passports), SHOULD I enclose a certified translation that both names coincide in Arabic and explain the situation in a cover letter? Will this cause a problem? Kindly let me know your recommendations??

Regards and deep thanks.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hope for best said:
DEAR QORAX

I am sorry for disturbing you all the time. One more question. I have renewed my passport. My old one was the manual one whereas the new one is the electronic one. In the new one ONLY the translation on the city of birth is different from the old one (City of birth MATCHES in both passports in ARABIC as I have an Egyptian passport). I was aware of this when I received back my passport but the officer told me that the new machine passports are coded and this city can never be translated in a different spelling. As the ARABIC name is the same (and it is also written in both passports), SHOULD I enclose a certified translation that both names coincide in Arabic and explain the situation in a cover letter? Will this cause a problem? Kindly let me know your recommendations??

Regards and deep thanks.
U shouldn't have any issues due to that.
But, do send copies of ur newly issued MRP [Machine Readable Passport] asap to ur VO.

Hope for best

Jan 17, 2012
I did send a copy of my MRP to my VO (London CHC) 14 days ago. But do you recommend that I translate the two passports or make any notification about that?

Thank you so much. I wish you all the good as good as you.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hope for best said:
I did send a copy of my MRP to my VO (London CHC) 14 days ago. But do you recommend that I translate the two passports or make any notification about that?

Thank you so much. I wish you all the good as good as you.
Nope. Not required.

Sharp2000

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
IELTS Request
sent with complete documents
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
11/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
22/03/2012
Passport Req..
11/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting..........
Dear qorax,
Thank you very much for your kind reply on my previous queation. Now I am am going to add my spouse very soon in the proceesing as MY ECAS status is IN PROCESS in CHC NDVO. I am now in Denmark in residence and work permit visa for the last 10 months. My wife also joined me recently here as I sponsored her as an accompaning family member. So we are living here in the same address.
Now my question is what documents should i sent to CHC ND from current place (Denmark) and my own country to add my spouse with me??. I have only marriage registration certificate. No pictures are available. What else can i do to prove that my marriage is genuine to CHC. can you please share me your suggesstions?? May be a quick checklist....

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Sharp2000 said:
Dear qorax,
Thank you very much for your kind reply on my previous queation. Now I am am going to add my spouse very soon in the proceesing as MY ECAS status is IN PROCESS in CHC NDVO. I am now in Denmark in residence and work permit visa for the last 10 months. My wife also joined me recently here as I sponsored her as an accompaning family member. So we are living here in the same address.
Now my question is what documents should i sent to CHC ND from current place (Denmark) and my own country to add my spouse with me??. I have only marriage registration certificate. No pictures are available. What else can i do to prove that my marriage is genuine to CHC. can you please share me your suggesstions?? May be a quick checklist....
Just the marriage cert. suffices, unless they ask something else [only if they have a doubt].

srmo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march 2010
AOR Received.
march 2010 2nd AOR dated 27-05-2010 received june 17 2010
IELTS Request
already done april 2009 have 6.5 overall bands
File Transfer...
18-03-2010
Med's Request
may-11, 2012
Med's Done....
June-30, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July-27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 August 2012, received on 25-08-2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
dear quorax

CHC asked me some documents and my lawyer said that we will send them after getting immigration record with IO's notes that he has requested. So he should know why they are asking them.
so my question is what is that and how much time it takes to get from chc? and does it show that why particular documents are asked?
pl reply

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
srmo said:
dear quorax

CHC asked me some documents and my lawyer said that we will send them after getting immigration record with IO's notes that he has requested. So he should know why they are asking them.
so my question is what is that and how much time it takes to get from chc? and does it show that why particular documents are asked?
pl reply
U should submit them asap.

srmo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan2010
Doc's Request.
march 2010
AOR Received.
march 2010 2nd AOR dated 27-05-2010 received june 17 2010
IELTS Request
already done april 2009 have 6.5 overall bands
File Transfer...
18-03-2010
Med's Request
may-11, 2012
Med's Done....
June-30, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July-27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13 August 2012, received on 25-08-2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
qorax said:
U should submit them asap.
ok dear
BUt can u tell me what is the meaning of immigration record with the IO's notes and how much time it takes?
please

luckymystery

Champion Member
Aug 5, 2011
Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
AOR on 05-10-11. PER Received on 25-10-11
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
LVO started processing on my file on 04-01-2012
Med's Request
05-1-12 & Recvd on 11-1-12
Med's Done....
20-1-12, received by VO on 09-2-12 & on ecas on 18-02-12
Interview........
Waived :-)
Passport Req..
Step-1 on 05-03-12. Ecas Decision Made on 05-3-12, Step-2 02-5-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-12
LANDED..........
July - 12
To Captain QORAX,

1st of all thanks for the advice on MR. It's smoothly done.

Now I have a question. For Pakistani applicants Passports are requested in two steps. (1st Passport copies and 2 photos to be sent to CHC, London and then after a month or so original passports to be sent to CHC, Isalambad)
As this MI-3 is said to be the fastest one. And I have received my MR very early than MI-1 and MI-2. SO are there any chances that I'll be asked directly for the Original Passports to be sent to CHC, ISB skipping the 1st step?
And after our Medicals are received, in how many days i'll be having the Passport request and through which source i.e. E-Mail or courier or snail mail.

Your replies are much appreciated.

Thanks alot.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Captain Qorax,

I would like to know if caips notes & gcms notes the same? If not, how can i order gcms notes???

Thanks
T.

cocknbull

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiarachel85 said:
Captain Qorax,

I would like to know if caips notes & gcms notes the same? If not, how can i order gcms notes???

Thanks
T.
they are same thing except new applicants get GCMS instead of CAIPS. read the following

http://www.caips.ca/

CAIPS is short for 'Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System'. It is the computer system historically used by Citizenship & Immigration Canada to process visa applications, and holds all the information on the current status of every immigration application being processed by overseas offices (i.e. those outside of Canada), other than new applications at offices which have switched to using the 'GCMS' system.

you can order as said by qorax either by friend / family or websites...check below

How to fetch the CAIPS thru friend/relative [in Canada] ?

Under the Privacy Act, one of our friends/relatives, who reside in Canada, can order the CAIPS under our authorization. There is a CIC fee of only $5 to be incurred for that purpose. Here's what we should do:

1. Download the form here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf
2. Fill the specified colums/fields, viz:
- a) Visa post [ND, Buffalo, London etc.]
- b) Your File number [Bxxxxxxx]
- c) Date of Birth [applicant's, not the rep's]
- d) The requester's Postal address [Canadian Address only]
3. Tick the box "for CAIPS Notes request" on the form.
4. Enclose copies of the rep's [not yours] PR Card/visa/COPR etc. [Canadian ID].
5. Attach the Consent Form [signed by each applicant for "use of a representative"].
6. Enclose a Money Order/Draft for $5.
7. Send (Mail or Courier 'only') all the documents to:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
(Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator)
Narono Building 360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512
8. Your CAIPS Notes should return by 4-6 weeks [usually].

Obtaining our CAIPS thru the websites:

There r many websites who offer such services, usually charging anything between $30-40. However, in that 'basic' price they'd only send u the retrieved CAIPS Notes; and would charge u furthermore for explaining them. Nonetheless, it's not a bad idea to yet take their services. Most applicants use either of the following websites for obtaining their CAIPS:

a) http://www.caips.ca/
b) http://caipsnotes.com/index.shtml
c) http://www.caipsretriever.com/2006/03/immigrants-life-in-toronto-canada-ii.html