18-07-2011
Interview........
09-06-2011 Int Result: More Docs Request
Passport Req..
04-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2011
Hi Qorax,
I want to know that is there any minimum amount I must carry with me for the 1st time? My case is Simplified FSW.
I will be migrating soon.

Thanks.

Prince_Raj

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Now LONDON (Since 30 June 2010)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
COMPLETE APP FILE ON MAY 2009
Doc's Request.
JAN 2010 BY ISB. AND THEN ON FEB 2011 BY LON. In July 2011 Update Forms, Photos requested & sent AND NOW agian in May 2012 updated Forms with Poliice Certificates & RPR Fee is requested /sent
Nomination.....
PNP NOMINATION APRIL 2009
AOR Received.
MAY 2009
IELTS Request
Submiit with appliication
File Transfer...
30 JUNE 2010 TO LONDON
Med's Request
August 2012
Med's Done....
SEPTEMBER 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1, SEPTEMBER 2012, PPR-2 in THE SAME MONTH
VISA ISSUED...
visa issued on october 16th 2012
Summary
Effective July 1, 2011, a cap of 10,000 new Foreign Skilled Worker (FSW) applications, without an offer of arranged employment, will be considered for processing each year. Within the 10,000 cap, a maximum of 500 new applications per occupation will be considered each year. Instructions are given to the field on what to do with applications received before and after this date.

Background
On June 18, 2008, the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act was amended to give the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration the authority to issue instructions that would ensure the processing of applications and requests be conducted in a manner that, in the opinion of the Minister, will best support the attainment of immigration goals set by the Government of Canada.

The first set of Ministerial Instructions (MI-1) was issued on November 29, 2008 and established that new FSW applicants would be eligible for processing only if they had experience in one or more of the identified eligible occupations; if they had arranged employment; or if they had one year of legal, in-Canada work experience and status as a temporary foreign worker or international student. Under MI-1, all FSW applications were also submitted to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, for an initial eligibility review. The final determination for eligibility and selection remained with the visa office.

The second set of MI (MI-2), issued on June 26, 2010, introduced a number of changes, including a revised list of eligible occupations, annual limits on the number of new applications to be processed in the FSW class, as well as revised eligibility criteria with respect to evidence of official language proficiency and work experience. In addition, the CIO was given the authority to make final eligibility determinations.

The third set of MI (MI-3) comes into force on July 1, 2011, and applies only to applications received by the CIO on or after this date. MI-3 includes changes to the following programs:

•Federal Entrepreneur Program:
A temporary moratorium on new applications will be placed on this program

•Federal Immigrant Investor Program (IIP):
Accept of 700 new IIP applications will be considered for processing each year. In addition, as of July 1, 2011, all new federal Immigration Investor applications must be submitted to the CIO.

•Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW):
A cap of 10,000 new FSW applications, without an offer of arranged employment, will be considered for processing each year. Within the 10,000 cap, a maximum of 500 new applications per occupation will be considered each year.

The full text of these instructions can be found at http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2011/2011-06-25/html/notice-avis-eng.html#d119

Overview of Ministerial Instructions for FSW Applications – July 1, 2011
MI-3 applies only to applications received by the CIO on or after July 1, 2011. All complete FSW applications received by the CIO prior to July 1, 2011 will continue to be considered for processing with regard to the requirements in effect at that time.

Complete FSW applications [note 1] received by the CIO on or after July 1, 2011, not exceeding the identified caps and meeting either of the following criteria shall be placed into processing:

Applications submitted with an Arranged Employment Offer consistent with requirements of subsection R82(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations;
or
Applications from skilled workers with evidence of experience in the last ten years under one or more [note 2] of the National Occupation Classification (NOC) codes specified in the MIs and do not exceed the identified cap of 10,000 new complete applications per year, with no more than 500 new applications in any one NOC code.

Limit on the number of applications to be processed per year
A maximum of 10,000 new FSW applications without an offer of arranged employment will be considered for processing each year.

Within the 10,000 cap, a maximum of 500 new FSW applications per NOC code will be considered for processing each year. The list of eligible NOC codes under MI-3 remains the same as those found in MI-2.

Complete applications supported by a valid offer of arranged employment, consistent with the requirements of R82(2), will be considered for processing without regard to either the global cap or the occupational list and its associated caps.

In calculating the caps, applications will be considered according to the date they are received. Applications received on the same date will be considered for processing with regard to routine office procedures.

For the unique purpose of calculating the caps, the cap year will begin on July 1, 2011, and end on June 30, 2012, unless otherwise directed in subsequent MIs.

Guidelines for new and existing applications
All new FSW applications will be considered according to the date they are received.

FSW applications received at the CIO before July 1, 2011
The third set of MIs does not apply to complete applications received prior to July 1, 2011. All FSW applications received by the CIO prior to this date shall continue to be considered for processing having regard to the requirements in effect at that time.

FSW applications received at the CIO on or after July 1, 2011
MI-3 applies to applications received at the CIO on or after July 1, 2011. The CIO will assess complete applications received on or after July 1, 2011 against the MIs to determine whether applicants are eligible for processing. The CIO will make a final eligibility determination, and those determined to be eligible will be placed into processing.

Applications that receive a negative eligibility determination will not be processed and will receive a full refund of the processing fee. The application and documentation submitted will not be returned.

Submitting the application

All new FSW applications will continue to be sent to the CIO. Applicants are required to submit their complete application, together with all supporting documents, to the CIO. This includes all documents listed both on the CIO and document checklists specific to the visa office.

The CIO will review applications for completeness and, if the application is incomplete, the entire application package will be returned to the applicant.

Final eligibility determination at the CIO
The CIO will assess the applicant's submission based on the documentation submitted and make a final determination of eligibility. To be eligible for processing, the applicant must meet all the criteria described in the MIs. If the applicant's submission is determined to be ineligible for processing, the applicant will be informed and will receive a refund. The application and documentation submitted will not be returned. If the CIO makes a positive eligibility determination, the application will be placed into processing and the applicant will no longer be eligible for a refund.

(Ref: www.cic.gc.ca)

Text in BOLD RED contradict with the following..........?

qorax said:
Which is why I added 2011 there. The earlier apps (whatever stream) r taking longer.

farhad23

Nov 30, 2011
Dear Qorax,

Many thanks for your message; I'd like to inform you that we got our multiple TRV for 1.5 years on 02/August/2011 and please let me know that how do you think there is something wrong with our security clearance. Also, I did not understand that what is your mean about "VO"?
As your experience please let us know that how many months will take to get our landing visas?

We thank you for your support and your best information at all times.

Warm Regards
Farhad

sohail-khan86

Star Member
May 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2009
Doc's Request.
4-6-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
13-12-2010
Med's Done....
27-12-2010---------- re-meds (24-2-2012)
Interview........
sept 2011... Case Approved...
Passport Req..
25/7/2012.. decision made. (28/8/2012) lets see when I get my passport back now..
VISA ISSUED...
22/8/2012
LANDED..........
27th jan 13 n became permanent resident...
Dear Qorax ,

I recently sent a case specific inquiry to CHC London. They told me that some more background checks are required and if they are not done by mid DEC I might have 2 go through another medical examination.. And all of this after a successful interview.. I did medicals in Feb 2011. Then had an interview in Sept which was approved.. later on they requested for more PCC and Schedule A form.which I sent the very next day... And now when I am expecting a PPR, they don't reply my emails any more!! :mad: :mad: i really don't get it what exactly is the problem here. Since they do have the authority to extend my medicals by a month or two in such cases, why wont they? :(((( I am really disappointed in them now!!! :(
Regards,
Sohail..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
fireworks said:
Hi Qorax,
I want to know that is there any minimum amount I must carry with me for the 1st time? My case is Simplified FSW.
I will be migrating soon.

Thanks.
U must demonstrate to the BSO@POE that u possess the CIC guided POF as settlement funds.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
farhad23 said:
Dear Qorax,

Many thanks for your message; I'd like to inform you that we got our multiple TRV for 1.5 years on 02/August/2011 and please let me know that how do you think there is something wrong with our security clearance. Also, I did not understand that what is your mean about "VO"?
As your experience please let us know that how many months will take to get our landing visas?

We thank you for your support and your best information at all times.

Warm Regards
Farhad
The b/g checks of TRVs & PRs r undertaken differently, with the same for PRs being dug deeper.
VO=Visa Office/r

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sohail-khan86 said:
Dear Qorax ,

I recently sent a case specific inquiry to CHC London. They told me that some more background checks are required and if they are not done by mid DEC I might have 2 go through another medical examination.. And all of this after a successful interview.. I did medicals in Feb 2011. Then had an interview in Sept which was approved.. later on they requested for more PCC and Schedule A form.which I sent the very next day... And now when I am expecting a PPR, they don't reply my emails any more!! : @ : @ i really don't get it what exactly is the problem here. Since they do have the authority to extend my medicals by a month or two in such cases, why wont they? :(((( I am really disappointed in them now!!! :(
Regards,
Sohail..
It's the yr-end... things tend to go slow... the quotas get full.... only handful of the apps, in 'desired'* NOCs get approved against the limited quotas.

Qorax
*The desired NOCs r intimated by HRSDC from time-to-time... we cannot know which.

ovais

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER 16-11-2011
Med's Request
12-12-12
Med's Done....
20-12-12
Passport Req..
PPR1 03-04-13 DM 22-04-13 PPR2 02-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-13
LANDED..........
November 1, 2013
qorax said:
The VO will assess your eligibility once again... that's the usual norm. However, having the PER certainly indicate that generally u'd have no troubles.

Don't write anything to them now -- await for their query, if any. Or else, sometimes around mid-way of your processing, notify them for the correction.

Good luck!
Qorax
thanx captain qorax. it is always good to hear from u.

DestCan

Star Member
Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
02-12-2010
IELTS Request
Provided. Band 8
File Transfer...
12-11-2011 to NY
Med's Request
14-12-2011
Med's Done....
02-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2012
LANDED..........
Sep 2012
qorax said:
The b/g checks of TRVs & PRs r undertaken differently, with the same for PRs being dug deeper.
VO=Visa Office/r
Qorax, what does TRV stands for? I saw this on my CAIPS as well.

Thanks.

rockriz144

Sep 15, 2011
Dear Captain Qorax and all other respected members...
How long does it take in visa issuance after passport request in parents/grandparents case???
we are 5 applicants and visa office is Islamabad(Pakistan)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rockriz144 said:
Dear Captain Qorax and all other respected members...
How long does it take in visa issuance after passport request in parents/grandparents case???
we are 5 applicants and visa office is Islamabad(Pakistan)
Generally 4-6 weeks after submission of the pps.

Prince_Raj

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Now LONDON (Since 30 June 2010)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
COMPLETE APP FILE ON MAY 2009
Doc's Request.
JAN 2010 BY ISB. AND THEN ON FEB 2011 BY LON. In July 2011 Update Forms, Photos requested & sent AND NOW agian in May 2012 updated Forms with Poliice Certificates & RPR Fee is requested /sent
Nomination.....
PNP NOMINATION APRIL 2009
AOR Received.
MAY 2009
IELTS Request
Submiit with appliication
File Transfer...
30 JUNE 2010 TO LONDON
Med's Request
August 2012
Med's Done....
SEPTEMBER 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1, SEPTEMBER 2012, PPR-2 in THE SAME MONTH
VISA ISSUED...
visa issued on october 16th 2012
qorax said:
@ PrinceRaj
Couldn't get your point...

Dear Mr. QORAX!

MY interpretation about MI-1 is, that these Ministerial Instruction does not apply on the processing timeline of Provincial Nominee Cases, it only applies on FSW Class cases, as per the instructions wording.

However Sir , Your Interpretation regarding M1 (i.e they (CIC) are imposing TIME BAR of MI-1, irrespective of category/stream) is much more closer to the practical reality.

KIND REGARDS

Huzefa

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Appl
AOR Received.
28-03-2011
File Transfer...
In process 18-01-2012
Med's Request
19-01-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-03-12
Hello everyone

I would appreciate if any senior member can help with my problem.

The problem is my UK work permits expires in March 2012 and I will move back to India thereafter. So what should I do....can I request tranfer of file from LVO to NDVO while my case is in progress. Will it delay my application further. I am really confused as to what should I do when the time comes to move.

Thanks again for any help