Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ItsBeenLongNow said:
Dear Qorax,

Sorry 1 more question, could it be the security checks or documentation checks at this point in time

thanks for your reply in advance brother
If u had done your meds then it'd be security checks.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
A week or two, for the 'stamping'. Despatch could take a bit more.
THANKS SO MUCH QORAX DEAR. BUT ITS ALREADY BEEN 17-18 DAYS NOW SINCE dd HAS BEEN ENCASHED. WILL IT TAKE MORE TIME?

singaporean

Jul 18, 2011
Hi Qorax, Thank you for reply.

Basically I could not get one police certificate from Pakistan. I just want to know that will this effect on my case? Or I should write it about VO?

Regards

qorax said:
1. If Singapore is mentioned in your apps - and u have resided there over 6 months - they would ask u for its PCC.
2(a). Usually they require bank statements, unless specifically asked for a Banker's Letter.
2(b). U r required to maintain @ least 60-70% of the funds in your a/cs after submission of your POF docs.
3. Yes, write to your VO about that error asap.
4. U'd get points for 10[School]+2[College]+3[Graduation]+2[Masters]=17, in usual edn circumstances.

Qorax

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THANKS SO MUCH QORAX DEAR. BUT ITS ALREADY BEEN 17-18 DAYS NOW SINCE dd HAS BEEN ENCASHED. WILL IT TAKE MORE TIME?

P

paris_33

ItsBeenLongNow said:
Dear Qorax,

Sorry 1 more question, could it be the security checks or documentation checks at this point in time

thanks for your reply in advance brother
Security Checks only happen when you have passed your medical exams.

At this point in time, as Mr. Qorax has said, it is the background check that the visa office is doing on your application i.e. your application is in process.
After your background checks are complete and documents verified and the visa officer decides that you fit the bill for a Canadian PR card, the visa office will send you the medical forms to complete an immigration medical examination. Once you receive medical request, you can be sure 99 percent that your application is approved. IF you pass tme medical exam, then the security checks begin on your application. This is done by CSIS, not by the visa office. It may take anywhere between 3-5 months, sometimes more if necessary. In short, your application is in process, neither approved nor rejected.

P

paris_33

tiarachel85 said:
Yes, remember, that there is a queue in each and every stage of the application process. Your file will be processed in the order it is placed in the queue.

The workload of the visa office is an important consideration in calculating the overall processing time of an application.

Since you have already submitted your passport, good news will be coming to you soon.

Do NOT panic, there is a queue which every application has to follow. So relax, be joyous and wait for the maple leaf label that will come in your passport soon. Good luck.

emadielts

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Paris,

So it is security checks after the medical request. For people whom lived in another country more than 6 months ,will CIC asks the intellignce authorities for these countries or the canadian intellignce will ask its counter intellignces to do that. Take example ,

Philipense citizen applied for permenant residence did his /her medical request, that person lived in UK one year before. So Canadain office in philipense is going to ask Canadian intelligence to check this person security ! then How the canadian office in philipinse will check the time the person spent in UK , will the office ask uk intellignce directly ? or the will the Canadian intellignce asks uk intelligence to do that security check ? or what !! just interesting

Have a good day

paris_33 said:
Security Checks only happen when you have passed your medical exams.

At this point in time, as Mr. Qorax has said, it is the background check that the visa office is doing on your application i.e. your application is in process.
After your background checks are complete and documents verified and the visa officer decides that you fit the bill for a Canadian PR card, the visa office will send you the medical forms to complete an immigration medical examination. Once you receive medical request, you can be sure 99 percent that your application is approved. IF you pass tme medical exam, then the security checks begin on your application. This is done by CSIS, not by the visa office. It may take anywhere between 3-5 months, sometimes more if necessary. In short, your application is in process, neither approved nor rejected.

ickodothy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2010
AOR Received.
February 8, 2011
IELTS Request
February 8, 2011
File Transfer...
April 29, 2011
Med's Request
August 29, 2011
Med's Done....
September 21, 2011
Interview........
August 22, 2011
Passport Req..
February 6, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 23, 2012
LANDED..........
Tentatively on May 2012. See Ya'll! ;)
emadielts said:
hi Paris,

So it is security checks after the medical request. For people whom lived in another country more than 6 months ,will CIC asks the intellignce authorities for these countries or the canadian intellignce will ask its counter intellignces to do that. Take example ,

Philipense citizen applied for permenant residence did his /her medical request, that person lived in UK one year before. So Canadain office in philipense is going to ask Canadian intelligence to check this person security ! then How the canadian office in philipinse will check the time the person spent in UK , will the office ask uk intellignce directly ? or the will the Canadian intellignce asks uk intelligence to do that security check ? or what !! just interesting

Have a good day
It's Philippines :D

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
A week or two, for the 'stamping'. Despatch could take a bit more.

nayab1976

Sep 6, 2011
Dear Qorax!!

I had submitted my medicals, pp's and rprf on 14th july and dd got encashed on 6th august. Since then there is no updation. Its been more than 2 months. Why are they taking so long to grant the visa?? Moreover, my e-cas is still not updated with "Medical results have been received"...what does it mean?? why they have not updated yet?/ I AM WORRIED..

regards

MBKP

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Dear QoraX!
Further to the questions below Please tell us, do they update the Ecas Status Before commencing security checks. Or security checks are initiated on a certain BFD thats set on Sending the Medical Request.

nayab1976 said:
Dear Qorax!!

I had submitted my medicals, pp's and rprf on 14th july and dd got encashed on 6th august. Since then there is no updation. Its been more than 2 months. Why are they taking so long to grant the visa?? Moreover, my e-cas is still not updated with "Medical results have been received"...what does it mean?? why they have not updated yet?/ I AM WORRIED..

regards

P

paris_33

emadielts said:
hi Paris,

Have a good day
well, to tell you the truth, security checks are done by CSIS, without any involvement from the visa office or the visa officer.

CSIS is Canada's national spy and intelligence agency and no one knows what they really do since it is security and intelligence related.

The activities described above, including criminal check verification are usually done in the background verification stages and by the visa offices located in the countries where the applicant has resided for more than 6 months since turning 18. Once an applicant receives medical request, the background verification stage is usually over.

Security checks usually involve secret investigations, name checking against prominent databases and related research and consultations to verify whether or not the applicant was/is/will be involved in any kind of subversive, terrorist or spying activities.
More than 99 percent of applicants pass this stage.

No one knows for sure how does the CSIS do their security screening investigations. They do not reveal to anyone, including the visa officer. The visa officer ONLY gets the results of their security advice, only in YES and NO. They do NOT provide any explanation or reasons behind their answer i.e. they will not say why YES or why NO. The visa officer does not know anything about CSIS operations and the time it takes to complete a security screening.

We should not worry about this stuff. Just be patient and wait for the good news.

P

paris_33

singaporean said:
Hi Qorax, Thank you for reply.

Basically I could not get one police certificate from Pakistan. I just want to know that will this effect on my case? Or I should write it about VO?

Regards

ALL applicants MUST assume that police certificates are REQUIRED for every applicant from every country where the applicant has resided for more than 6 months since turning 18.

Absence of ONE police certificate will substantially delay the processing time of an application and any visa office is unlikely to issue a visa unless such police certificates are obtained.

I have traveled to countries to get police certificates, although I do not live there anymore.
I spent around 1750 dollars on plane tickets, hotel reservations, food and other expenses to visit countries solely for the purpose of obtaining police certificates from 2 countries where I do not reside anymore. I have submitted police certificates from 4 countries. All originals. These certificates are from countries where I have resided for more than 6 months since BIRTH. By doing this, my intention is to deny the visa officer any excuse to delay the processing of my application, on any imaginable or unimaginable ground.

My advice to you is that you should NOT write anything to the visa office. Get a Police Clearance Certificate ( PCC ) from Pakistan as soon as possible, by hook or by crook and submit the document along with your visa application to the visa office OR, if you have already submitted your application to the visa office, you can also wait for the VO to request such PCC and then you can submit it. I only want to inform you that the chances of getting a visa without a PCC from Pakistan are extremely slim, virtually impossible.