Passport Req..
25/06/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/01/13
LANDED..........
May'13
sonit said:
may b any exceptional case is there..... but in all cases
when u get ur processing date..... they start BG check...... after clearing that portion only u will get MR
Please check the quote of Mr.Qorax, Only (Only) NDVO still continue BG after medical
Manish Mehta

canada100

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 March 2011
Doc's Request.
03 March 2011
AOR Received.
11 April 2011
File Transfer...
09 May 2011
Med's Request
03 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
16 Jan 2012 (received by CHC London 30/1) ecase med rcd updated 19/4
Interview........
Waived God willing
Passport Req..
By Lord Krishna's grace 17 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 3 nov, Canada address on ecase 10 Nov, visa issued 10/11
LANDED..........
27th Dec 2012, by Lord Krishna's grace
MANISHMEHTA said:
Please check the quote of Mr.Qorax, Only (Only) NDVO still continue BG after medical
Manish Mehta
guys, plz check my message for capt qorax above. my visa office is london and 9 months AFTER my medicals were received by them, my backgroubd checks are stiill on. So it is not just ND visa office.

MANISHMEHTA

Jul 21, 2010
VADODARA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb-2010
Doc's Request.
mar-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2010
Med's Request
25/06/2012
Med's Done....
13/07/2012
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
25/06/2012
VISA ISSUED...
22/01/13
LANDED..........
May'13
canada100 said:
guys, plz check my message for capt qorax above. my visa office is london and 9 months AFTER my medicals were received by them, my backgroubd checks are stiill on. So it is not just ND visa office.
Your case comes under exceptional one.
But for NDVO there are still continue BG after medical.
Manish Mehta.

kadu

Sep 17, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
Nomination.....
YES
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
12-04-2012
Med's Request
WAITING
Med's Done....
WAITING
Interview........
HOPE NOT TO ME
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Dear All,

Where my application is stuck,There are more than 221 days after application filed, 179 days after AOR received from NDVO,NOC 1231, catagory FSW2.2nd line added on 06 Aug 2012. Yet no news from NDVO.Please suggest.Is It going to negative side? No verification call to my employer yet.

vinznoel

May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
AOR Received.
13-02-2011
Med's Request
25-05-2012
Med's Done....
31-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
Dear Master Qorax

Please give us your advice in our situation sir. Is it now safe to withdraw majority of our funds in the bank (POF)
considering that our ECAS now states "Decision Made"? Please share your insights sir.
Thank you so much!

Respectfully,

vinznoel

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
vinznoel said:
Dear Master Qorax

Please give us your advice in our situation sir. Is it now safe to withdraw majority of our funds in the bank (POF)
considering that our ECAS now states "Decision Made"? Please share your insights sir.
Thank you so much!

Respectfully,

vinznoel

According to me, no issues and its now safe to withdraw funds from bank :)

canada100

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 March 2011
Doc's Request.
03 March 2011
AOR Received.
11 April 2011
File Transfer...
09 May 2011
Med's Request
03 Dec 2011
Med's Done....
16 Jan 2012 (received by CHC London 30/1) ecase med rcd updated 19/4
Interview........
Waived God willing
Passport Req..
By Lord Krishna's grace 17 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 3 nov, Canada address on ecase 10 Nov, visa issued 10/11
LANDED..........
27th Dec 2012, by Lord Krishna's grace
vinznoel said:
Dear Master Qorax

Thank you so much!

Respectfully,

vinznoel
ifr you ask me, don't withdraw a penny until after u have completed your landing. If you are not luck enough, they could check your POF again even after the DM status, which would end up sabotaging your application

Syed Arsalan

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
Please tell me about my situation?
We have been submitted medicals and landing fees now CIC third time asked for Background Declaration forms we have time till end of the October we will send them in full correction again
Please tell me these forms which CIC is asking these are for background Checks ? if they are for background cheaks then what will they do for background ? either contact with document issuing authorities ?
we have also submitted police clearance certificates to Nova Scotia have they been cheeked ???

qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

Syed Arsalan

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
Please tell me about my situation?
We have been submitted medicals and landing fees now CIC third time asked for Background Declaration forms we have time till end of the October we will send them in full correction again
Please tell me these forms which CIC is asking these are for background Checks ? if they are for background cheaks then what will they do for background ? either contact with document issuing authorities ?
we have also submitted police clearance certificates to Nova Scotia have they been cheeked

khans said:
Dear Qorex

Today i have received my passport with amazing maple leaf......

Shukar Alhumdullilah.........and many thanks for ur kind support...

Khans

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
canada100 said:
ifr you ask me, don't withdraw a penny until after u have completed your landing. If you are not luck enough, they could check your POF again even after the DM status, which would end up sabotaging your application

vinznoel would need the money as POF while completing landing procedure.........DM means a final decision is taken on his appln......bg checks never happen after DM....its completely ok to withdraw funds after DM, as it obvious that anyone would be needing the money in Canada as settlement funds :)

cynmax

Star Member
Jul 17, 2012
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-04-10
Dear Qorax,
Congrats on your new home may your moving to a new
accommodation herald good tidings and bring forth comfort.
Amen.
I did my medicals on the 28th June and 5th July 2012 more than
3months now. My concern is up till now there is no update of
medical received on the E-cas status and the draft for my Rprf has
not been cashed. I ve sent 2 mails to my VO to confirm the reciept
of the draft but no reply yet. What could be responsible for this?
Those who did medicals with the same DMP weeks after me have
received visa. I'm seriously worried.

vinznoel

May 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2010
AOR Received.
13-02-2011
Med's Request
25-05-2012
Med's Done....
31-05-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2013
jaggy999 said:

vinznoel would need the money as POF while completing landing procedure.........DM means a final decision is taken on his appln......bg checks never happen after DM....its completely ok to withdraw funds after DM, as it obvious that anyone would be needing the money in Canada as settlement funds :)
Thanks Jaggy! Moreover, if "Decision Made" already appears in applicant's ECAS,
it means that the VISA has already been stamped in the passport, as per Master Qorax
post. Its just a matter of delivering the passport to the applicant's address.
I agree that we can now withdraw some amount.
Good luck to all of you waiting for your MR and PPR.
Just be patient and everything will be alright. :)

vinznoel

kadu

Sep 17, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
Nomination.....
YES
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
12-04-2012
Med's Request
WAITING
Med's Done....
WAITING
Interview........
HOPE NOT TO ME
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Dear Qorax,

I am waiting for your reply on my case since long time please try to answer.

I had filed my application under NOC1231 in FSW2 Catagory on 01 March 2012.Received PER on 21 March 2012. I had also received AOR on 12 April 2012. Visa office is New Delhi. 2nd line updated in e cas on 06 Aug 2012. IELTS Score is 5.5 bands in each section. Employment verification is not yet to my employer. I am still waiting for medical request from NDVO as the six month timeline after AOR will over after two days. I had not get any news from NDVO till now. Can you answer that when can i get for MR request or my file is going to rejection.I am very much woried about this. Please try to answer.

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
kadu said:
Dear Qorax,

I am waiting for your reply on my case since long time please try to answer.

I had filed my application under NOC1231 in FSW2 Catagory on 01 March 2012.Received PER on 21 March 2012. I had also received AOR on 12 April 2012. Visa office is New Delhi. 2nd line updated in e cas on 06 Aug 2012. IELTS Score is 5.5 bands in each section. Employment verification is not yet to my employer. I am still waiting for medical request from NDVO as the six month timeline after AOR will over after two days. I had not get any news from NDVO till now. Can you answer that when can i get for MR request or my file is going to rejection.I am very much woried about this. Please try to answer.

Let me clarify that CIO has already provided final determination of eligibility, so now NDVO cannot reject it outright. There is a term called "procedural fairness" for MI3 applicants. It means that if Visa officer has doubts in your appln, he has to provide you atleast one chance to explain your situation. Send them CSE after 6 months of AOR...... and then just wait and watch :)