+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check

Jan 21, 2010
what exactly is background check

immigration has my expired passport and i need that to get a new passport

without a valid pakistani passport i cannot get a PR card

i left Pakistan when i was 12 and did live in USA (got FBI and Police clearance) from there

so then what is all this background check?? what exactly they check or are looking for
does it matter that i was in pakistan prior to 18 years of age ..or do they still need some sort of clearance from there

any idea

Rocky636

Jan 7, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th May 2010
Doc's Request.
23-August-2010 Asked RPRF & Pics return back
AOR Received.
23-June-10
File Transfer...
18-June-2010
Med's Done....
24-March-2010
Interview........
11-August-2010
Passport Req..
8-July-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-December-2010
LANDED..........
21-January-2011
if you born in Pakistan i am sure they will do deep background check.

dr_sarwat

Jul 9, 2009
hmmmmmmmmm,

I am from Pakistan too, sponsored by my husband. I am currently living in USA. My file is sitting in Buffalo office since Nov, 2009. Every time I email them, get a reply:

"We have requested background information from other government offices(s). Unfortunately, we cannot provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete."

I am not sure about your case, as you left Pakistan when you were 12. I am wondering why they are taking so much time for you. But I have seen lot of case on immigration forums from Pakistan, who have waited for up to 2 years.

Let us hope for the best :)

Sarwat

chandlermare

Mar 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
01-02-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2009
Interview........
waived
Yep, the background check is the last step, but it can take anywhere from a few days to a few months...depending on the application.

nilufar

Star Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ru serious OMGG bc they started the background check in April 2010 doo u think they shud be done by this month? Im sponsoring my husband frm Pakistan anyy idea how long is will take?

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
hiii everybuddy

i just sent email for verify what s goin on about my application they just replied to me today and said :

We have requested information about your background to other government offices. Unfortunately, we can not provide

the date on which processing of your application will be completed .

please please please if somone has an idea about that

just a notice : application statr processin by november and still waitin till now ( they already have everthing they need and they never ask for anything ) ( wife ponsor me ).

please some help

thanx and good luck to everybuddy

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
amine01 said:
hiii everybuddy

i just sent email for verify what s goin on about my application they just replied to me today and said :

We have requested information about your background to other government offices. Unfortunately, we can not provide

the date on which processing of your application will be completed .

please please please if somone has an idea about that

just a notice : application statr processin by november and still waitin till now ( they already have everthing they need and they never ask for anything ) ( wife ponsor me ).

please some help

thanx and good luck to everybuddy

hey is ur case finalized yet??
just want to know how long did the background checks take since my hubbys background checks also started in april 2010 n no reply till today
:(:(:(:(
plz email me if u can ....airam13_2@hotmail.com
reallly woorried :(

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
chandlermare said:
Yep, the background check is the last step, but it can take anywhere from a few days to a few months...depending on the application.
actually it can take years... my husband isn't from pakistan, but he has been in his bg check for 2.5 years.

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Woah, locolynn, that is so long! Where is your husband from? How many other countries has he lived in? And has he had to service in the military?

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
charloux said:
Woah, locolynn, that is so long! Where is your husband from? How many other countries has he lived in? And has he had to service in the military?
Yep. We've been in the immigration process since June 07 and in bkg checks since Feb 08. Beh. He's from Morocco and he's lived in 4 countries. One which is known for being notoriously slow and bureaucratic.

sigh I'm hoping we'll hear soon.

Lynn

addntox

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
People saying they do background check last you're wrong. They usually start this asnsoon as you begin processing. Right from the horses mouth, VO told me this. Some places take longer than others and some circumstancesay lead to it being delayed, buy as they told me generally they usually start that earlier.

SimpleMan

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
addntox said:
People saying they do background check last you're wrong. They usually start this asnsoon as you begin processing. Right from the horses mouth, VO told me this. Some places take longer than others and some circumstancesay lead to it being delayed, buy as they told me generally they usually start that earlier.
Do you mean they start doing background check when you submit the application to CPC-M or when you get the AOR from the consulate? I think they start doing it when you get the AOR from the consulate.

addntox

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
AOR, when it starts processing. When it's passed paper screening and it goes to an officer for initial review they'll initiate security checks if they have all the relevant information to proceed with this. If not they'll send you a letter asking where you were between certain dates.

amine01

Star Member
May 19, 2010
@addntox

oh god that s what really happens to me ! was like reading your post adn sayin ohhhhhhh may be you have an idea about what s really happenin ! please addntox