+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check

beni

Dec 8, 2009
Hi,

Today I asked Canadian embassy in order to find out how my application process is going. They replied me that my file is under going with Background Check, and I will be notified of the result around January 4th.

Is this the last processing step? I mean that if I have not committed any crime, can I be sure that my work permit will be granted?

beni

Dec 8, 2009
Hi,

I'm Iranian citizen, but 'm living in Sweden from 2008. I had to submit my application to Canadian embassy in UK (London).

beni

Dec 8, 2009
Hi,

Since I'm applying from Sweden, and I have been living here for the last one and a half year, I do not need to provide medical examinations, and embassy has not asked for it.

I have submitted the police certificate from Sweden, but my police certificate from Iran has not been prepared yet. The embassy told me that the clearance from Sweden should suffice, however if they need any additional information they will contact me.

I asked Canadian embassy in order to find out how my application process is going. They replied me that my file is under going with Background Check, and I will be notified of the result around January 4th. Is this the last processing step? I mean that if I have not committed any crime, can I be sure that my work permit will be granted?

P.S: I have applied under the code C44 of the CIC operations manual FW1, section 5.38D. (Award recipients from Canadian Institutions)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
beni said:
Hi,

Since I'm applying from Sweden, and I have been living here for the last one and a half year, I do not need to provide medical examinations, and embassy has not asked for it.

I have submitted the police certificate from Sweden, but my police certificate from Iran has not been prepared yet. The embassy told me that the clearance from Sweden should suffice, however if they need any additional information they will contact me.

I asked Canadian embassy in order to find out how my application process is going. They replied me that my file is under going with Background Check, and I will be notified of the result around January 4th. Is this the last processing step? I mean that if I have not committed any crime, can I be sure that my work permit will be granted?

P.S: I have applied under the code C44 of the CIC operations manual FW1, section 5.38D. (Award recipients from Canadian Institutions)
Hi,

I have read posts about background checks: criminality, security check and work experience/education verification checks, and may take a few months. So if you were promised a result notice by January, then being in a Sweden is probably a plus factor for you.

GERALDINE

Mar 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beni said:
Hi,

Today I asked Canadian embassy in order to find out how my application process is going. They replied me that my file is under going with Background Check, and I will be notified of the result around January 4th.

Is this the last processing step? I mean that if I have not committed any crime, can I be sure that my work permit will be granted?

Come on John, you know that was not an accident.. on drugs when clicking and downloading it ? Gonna have to explain what happened or beat the test.

mrshah30

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Dear forum members...I am applying for FSW-1..I lived in australia for one year and Ireland for 2 years for my studies..I have police clearance from Australia after two months of leaving australia and also from Ireland when I left the country after that I never been to abroad except for only three months to Ireland. Kindly let me know that whether I need to get again the police clearances. or they will suffice

i will appreciate your response guys..
mrshah