+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check Waiting Time and RE Medical ( spousal sponsorship)

mkalam

Jul 25, 2015
Hi,

I am a Canadian Citizen and I have sponsored my wife in Karachi, Pakistan on April 2014. Since then I was waiting for any response but I haven't heard anything from them, but recently I have sent an Inquiry to London Office about my spousal immigration process(Sponsorship) on July, 2015, and they replied me back saying, that they are awaiting the results for "background verification". Does any one know what does this mean and how long further would it take??????

I have also ordered GCMS notes and the notes does not say any negative thing such as documents missing or the relationship is not genuine. However it does says that the medical expired on April 2015. I have not received any Re Medical request and I have been checking my inbox and junk folder regularly. I am just wondering that what is making them too long to send Re Med request. I have heard that sometimes they extend medical. Is this true? what if I have mistakenly deleted, but I am guessing not because if that's the case then there should be somewhere written on GCMS notes that they have requested for re MED???
waiting replies from you guys anxiously.

Regards,

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
mkalam said:
Hi,

I am a Canadian Citizen and I have sponsored my wife in Karachi, Pakistan on April 2014. Since then I was waiting for any response but I haven't heard anything from them, but recently I have sent an Inquiry to London Office about my spousal immigration process(Sponsorship) on July, 2015, and they replied me back saying, that they are awaiting the results for "background verification". Does any one know what does this mean and how long further would it take??????

I have also ordered GCMS notes and the notes does not say any negative thing such as documents missing or the relationship is not genuine. However it does says that the medical expired on April 2015. I have not received any Re Medical request and I have been checking my inbox and junk folder regularly. I am just wondering that what is making them too long to send Re Med request. I have heard that sometimes they extend medical. Is this true? what if I have mistakenly deleted, but I am guessing not because if that's the case then there should be somewhere written on GCMS notes that they have requested for re MED???
waiting replies from you guys anxiously.

Regards,
I read also and l was told the same that cic can extend the medical but at the same time you don't need to worry yourself over the waiting, all l can say is that you should hang in there and the VO will get back to you soon, Pakistan processing time line in months in much but with God l believe you will get the good news soon.

mkalam

Jul 25, 2015
Thank you mercy, But Iam just wondering how long does it take in background verifications? Any one knows Please share it :)

Also does the GCMS notes usually say if there has been re med request sent already? I dont see in my notes anywhere it just say that the med is expired.
Any one please share your experiencess

Rrgards,

whitelion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ application sent on June 08 and CSQ received on July 21st 2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-05-2015*** File changed to in process on October 09 2015
Med's Done....
16-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016 by God 's blessings
@mkalam
I hope you hear from the VO very soon. Usualy what I have read from other thread if they starting doing background check it means they will request passport very soon.
For re-taking the medical exams it is up to them. They have a choice to request a new one or extend the old one.

From which web site did you order the GCMS note.
Regard

Epsilon

Mar 18, 2014
Seoul
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
04-08-2014 and 15-01-2015
AOR Received.
01-04-2014
Med's Request
Re- medical request 27-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/11/2015
VISA ISSUED...
13/11/2015
LANDED..........
27/11/2015
I am in a similar situation my background check was requested in January and since then no news from my visa office after many inquires they told me they are still working on my background check that I should hold on. my medical also expired and they said they might extend it or request a new one. So all we can do is to wait.

mkalam

Jul 25, 2015
@epsilon

So have you heard from them recently. Why do you think its taking too long for background check. its just the security, criminal amd medical

Regards

JDSalinger

Jan 13, 2013
Hi guys! I am new to this forum. I need your help. I got approved for my husband's sponsorship in May 2014. He lives in Iran and I am in Canada. Everything went very smoothly and in November 2014 they emailed and asked for a new police clearance which we sent one immediately. His status changed to in process from Dec 2014. Then in Jan 2015 they sent an email requesting my husbands details of employment (projects he worked on, name of his direct manager,...). We sent a very detailed one in a week. And since then his file is still in process. I called my MP and asked them to follow up with Ankara office. When he contacted them they said to follow up in 3 months again! They mentioned a back ground check?In the employment history that we submitted to cic, he wrote all the companies he worked. I emaile Ankara last week and they replied that they are doing "additional background checks" on him. Do you know how long this may take? Its so frustrating. Its been16 months since I got approved as his sponsor and no news yet... What do u guys think? Do you have any idea how much longer it will be?