+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check question

gillian

Sep 12, 2009
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good evening peeps. ive posted all kinds of questions here and got replies. this site has been very helpful. thank you so much. i have another question regarding backgroud check. how do they go about it? since my family owns a pension house here in the philippines and was the assistant manager for 3 years. since my aunt is the general manager and will be the one signing the reference letter, will they call her to check? what other background checks do they do regarding employment? also do they know anything about pension houses there in canada? our pension house here is like a motel and with 50 rooms. its like a small hotel, with function rooms and coffee shop. just wondering since they did not state pension houses under noc 0632 but they stated other accommodation establishments. i will be starting to formulate my job description this weekend to match those under noc 0632. i just need a little clarification from you guys. thanks in advance.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
They may call her. What is the difference between pension houses and small hotels. Does pension house have anything to do with retirees?

Anyway, if it is a small hotel, then I would suggest calling it a hotel or at least explaining what a pension house is in a cover letter. That way, you are speaking their language. This is, of course, only if people on this forum come back to say they don't know what a pension house is. I certainly don't.