+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check not yet started

disha93

Aug 22, 2017
My spouse (sponsor) received a letter confirming eligibility to sponsor me on 30 March 2017 from IRCC/CIC. I have not received any e-mails/ messages regarding background check since then. I have passed my medical exam and received an update from IRCC/CIC on 20 April 2017.And there is no update to my account since then.We have been waiting as the application status shows the following:
"Application Status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
Is this normal? What should we do here?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
My spouse (sponsor) received a letter confirming eligibility to sponsor me on 30 March 2017 from IRCC/CIC. I have not received any e-mails/ messages regarding background check since then. I have passed my medical exam and received an update from IRCC/CIC on 20 April 2017.And there is no update to my account since then.We have been waiting as the application status shows the following:
"Application Status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
Is this normal? What should we do here?
Yes this is normal. Spousal sponsorship takes longer than economic classes. Inland applications also take longer than outland. On average you should be expecting minimum 12 months processing time if not longer.
You do not recieve status updates for anything after medical pass, except for new messages.
Good luck