+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check in Progress-Questions about Express Entry

aa105942

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Hi Guys,
I have three question. I would appreciate if you share your thoughts and experience on any of the followings.

1. I just got update on mycic and they are requesting "SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS", "CV" and "details of military service". I don't know why they are asking for these documents. I have never served military and I don't know why they are asking for details of something that I have never done. Has anybody received a similar request from CIC?

2. My status for "background check" changed from "not needed at this time" to "in progress" today, Does this mean they have completed my eligibility evaluation and I have passed of the eligibility criteria?

3. I also want to know how long it normally takes for background check to be completed?

Sehbaaz

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28th Oct,2015
AOR Received.
2nd December 2015
Passport Req..
26th April
VISA ISSUED...
11th May
LANDED..........
17th May 2016
Hi
For me it took exact one month to get ppr after bg in progress. What is ur aor?
May be u clicked yes to any military question that's why they are asking about it.
Gud luck

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
aa105942 said:
1. I just got update on mycic and they are requesting "SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS", "CV" and "details of military service". I don't know why they are asking for these documents. I have never served military and I don't know why they are asking for details of something that I have never done. Has anybody received a similar request from CIC?
Yeah, look up the member legalfalcon who also got a military service request even if he never served. Maybe they found a namesake of yours during the security checks. Just include a letter of explanation that you never served, and detail your personal history for every year, with activity, country, and status in that country, so they cannot dispute that.

Alternatively, are you from a country with conscription? If you were exempted, you should explain and detail that as well.

2. My status for "background check" changed from "not needed at this time" to "in progress" today, Does this mean they have completed my eligibility evaluation and I have passed of the eligibility criteria?
Based on my own understanding and analysis of members' reports and GCMS notes, it means they are currently doing your eligibility check.

3. I also want to know how long it normally takes for background check to be completed?
Case to case basis. Sometimes a few days, others a few weeks.

Akberansari

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2015
Doc's Request.
20-11-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
Med's Done....
01-03-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
hi,
You might have checked somewhere , that is why they are asking to provide the details. BG check is a good sign. For some cases, it takes 1 or 2 weeks, I think the average max is one month.
Mine was 1 day from BG check to PPR ;D

jselvalakshmi

Dec 7, 2017
United States
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
AOR Received.
12-11-2017
hi iam new to this forum .
i have submitted my application on may 2nd , they asked me additional documents on my proof of funds. am getting them ready meanwhile i have raised a web form to include my new born baby as a dependent on 12 th may , i have no updates on that and still they have not requested any docs on that. Normally how long does it takes for adding a dependent. what will be the next move. Also my husbands passport is under renewal i have to update the profile with new one too. So what should i do next .