+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check estimated time?

mooltee

Mar 21, 2024
Hi everyone, I know this question has been asked before but I wanna get an update on more recent applicants who are in the process of getting their PR.
My PR status in the tracker updated to Background check activity on Jan 2nd and there hasn't been any update since then. How long does the background check usually take? Has anyone been waiting? The medical exam, eligibility, and biometric are all completed.

Does calling IRCC help to get an update on the application? Thank you all

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I know this question has been asked before but I wanna get an update on more recent applicants who are in the process of getting their PR.
My PR status in the tracker updated to Background check activity on Jan 2nd and there hasn't been any update since then. How long does the background check usually take? Has anyone been waiting? The medical exam, eligibility, and biometric are all completed.

Maybe say what country and where you have lived. If you live in China, it could take months and maybe even a year.

mooltee

Mar 21, 2024
Maybe say what country and where you have lived. If you live in China, it could take months and maybe even a year.
I am from Iran and I have lived in Malaysia, Iran, and Turkey for the duration that was requested by the immigration

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am from Iran and I have lived in Malaysia, Iran, and Turkey for the duration that was requested by the immigration
Given poor relations, expect many months. Canada needs the Iranian government to provide immigration and security information. There were some Iranian students waiting 6+ months in background checks.

mooltee

Mar 21, 2024
Given poor relations, expect many months. Canada needs the Iranian government to provide immigration and security information. There were some Iranian students waiting 6+ months in background checks.
Thanks for your answer, do yu think calling them and getting an update would help? I have provided all the police certificates for the all the countries I've been to, but I understand what you mean,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your answer, do yu think calling them and getting an update would help? I have provided all the police certificates for the all the countries I've been to, but I understand what you mean,
If you call, you are talking to call centre agents who can give you an update. But they cannot expedite or move process along.

jahaz

Feb 24, 2024

Im stuck in background check since january 2024 also. Even my tracker isn't updating. I think my application in some long security check loop. :(