+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check done before or after provincial nomination

sam3333

Nov 1, 2015
Dear All
I am working in a good job and I have contract with the company that I will stay with the company for one year. I am also planing to apply for SINP without job offer in January 2016. In this regard I want to know when Background check will be carried out . Will it be done Before nomination by SINP or After nomination ( By CIC ). It is very important for me as I do not want to open this secret to my company that I have any plan to leave company or immigration to Canada.
There are lot of people those get nomination from different provinces. Can they please share whether province call or enquire any body regarding your employment before issuing nomination letter. Even if you have no information regarding this but nominated . Kindly share it, as it will prove that background is checked after nomination and only by CIC.

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
The background check is to see if you have a criminal record. I don't think they care where you work unless it's a factor in your visa stream (which if you were applying for nomination without a job offer it wouldn't be).

I could be wrong though... hopefully someone else can verify this.

Ayokunlex01

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2015
BOSTON; MASSACHUSETTS
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
NOC Code......
2241 Electrical Engineer
there is No way u can hide this from your company, cos they will mail and even interview ur manager at that company, they will ask the person ur role, when did u join them,, etc, so d best tin is to inform the company, canada immigration is different, cos they will trace and check all what u submited
if u use a fake bank account, or fake ielts or fake result canada will surelly no dis, my advice for u is that, u apply,when ur status change to assement in process, am sure it will be close to a year then, so its then u will inform the company that ur doing this, becos they will surelly interview your company

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Quink said:
The background check is to see if you have a criminal record. I don't think they care where you work unless it's a factor in your visa stream (which if you were applying for nomination without a job offer it wouldn't be).

I could be wrong though... hopefully someone else can verify this.
They might call your employer. I have read about a few cases on this very forum where it has happened. They ask about your DOJ, Name and designation. They might also ask for additional details if they see the need.

That is why, it is very very important to submit all relevant documents in one shot. Employer reference letter, payslips, offer letter, joining letter, promotion letter, increment letter. The more proof you provide, the less inclined they will be to verify your information.

Good luck!

sam3333

Nov 1, 2015
Thanks a lot for reply.
Infect I wanted to know at what stage they check employment with employer at SINP stage or when we apply to CIC after getting Nomination. Reasons for this was that if they check employment after issuing nomination and application reach to CIC stage then I have no problem because at that stage application will be very near to finalize and if my company come to know my plan for migration and don't want to continue with me, I may sit few months at home, waiting for PR . I have all job experience documents with me.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sam3333 said:
Thanks a lot for reply.
Infect I wanted to know at what stage they check employment with employer at SINP stage or when we apply to CIC after getting Nomination. Reasons for this was that if they check employment after issuing nomination and application reach to CIC stage then I have no problem because at that stage application will be very near to finalize and if my company come to know my plan for migration and don't want to continue with me, I may sit few months at home, waiting for PR . I have all job experience documents with me.
Well.. The verification can happen before your nomination (Verification by SINP) or after you submit your eAPR (Verification by CIC/Concerned VO) or both. I have not heard many cases where CIC calls up the employer and verifies. Having said that, most provinces call up the employer to verify so IMO, SINP might call up your employer to verify your details. :(