+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bachelor Of Engineering in Computer Science & Engineering,NOC-2173, Am I eligible for SINP?

manish41711

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
I have a Bachelor Of Engineering degree in Computer Science (4 years, India) and Master of Science in Computer Science (2 years, US). My NOC code is 2173. Am I eligible for SINP?

I am confused due to the NOC code 2173 being used twice in their document “SINP Requirements Related to Professional Status or Licensure “. In section 1 (Engineering Occupations and Professional Requirements) they use NOC code 2173 with “Software Engineers” and it has no education qualification/degree restrictions. Further down, in section 3 (Other Occupations and Professional Requirements) they list same NOC code 2173 but with “Software designers” and it has the restriction “Computer Science engineering programs will not be considered.”
I am confused. How do they decide for my NOC 2173, if I fall under Software Engineer or Software Designer? Would they ask for my roles and responsibilities letter and decide between the two? The same NOC code has a restriction in one place, but no restriction in another place. I have seen many posts saying a degree in Engineering is not eligible for NOC 2173.

To sum up, am I eligible or not for SINP with NOC code of 2173 with Bachelor Of Engineering degree in Computer Science (4 years) and Master of Science in Computer Science (2 years) ?

Last edited: