+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby born after CoPR and Visa stamped on the passport

pranaam

Mar 9, 2020
I had applied for Canada Permanent resident under express entry and have already received the Confirmation of Permanent Resident (CoPR) which is valid until mid of April, 2020 for myself and my spouse. We recently had a baby so I raised the CSE and informed CIC about it.
They have responded back and asked me to provide following documents but have not asked for child's medical and neither have they provided any timeline to submit these documents. They just mentioned as soon as possible.
Do I really need to fill IMM 008DEP because as far as I am aware, this form is to add if there are more than 5 dependents.
Also, I wanted to know since my current CoPR will expire in April mid, 2020, How much time do I have to submit the above mentioned documents..

Any feedback/ suggestions are most welcome.

Krunal Parekh

Mar 28, 2024
Hello I am in the same situation now.

My COPR will expire in April 2024. I am raising webforms to add my son every month since december 2023 along with passport and birth certificate.

Still i have not received any request to submit the docs. How much time it will take to process?
Wht if my COPR will expire.? Or should I travel without my child to secure the expire date.?

Pls suggest me.

Krunal Parekh

Mar 28, 2024
Dear Friends,
Please suggest me, it is urgent.
I am from India.
Me and my wife received COPR and Visa in September 2023.
My wife delivered baby in October 2023.
In December 2023, I raised a webform to add my baby in PR application with his birth certificate and passport.
I am raising the webforms in every months to know the further process, IRCC replied that they add the docs in application and transfer the file to responsible office.
But still my baby name is not added in application. Even IRCC didn't asked to submit generic form, family form and other docs.
Now my COPR is going to expire on 14 April 2024.
How much time will be taken to add my baby name?
What should I do further?
COPR expiry is not a concern?

I am very tense please reply if anyone face the same case.