+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

B1/B2 visa issued in India, can I use it to travel from Canada to the US

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Dear Forum Members,

I have a valid B1/B2 visa that was issued in India (through my then employer) few years ago and is still valid. I have to go to the US for 5 days for a conference. I am not sure if I can still use the same visa or if I need to apply for another one just because I have now become a Canadian PR. Does anybody know the answer?

Thanks!

explorer

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: Jun-10
File Transfer...
Mar-10
Med's Request
June-12
Med's Done....
July-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Jan-2013
LANDED..........
22-07-2013
I think you can travel with the old one, but you should have invitation letter mentioning your name & passport no. or a valid documnet for the conference. Please verify it from website of US consulate or some good travel agents.

chappan said:
Dear Forum Members,

I have a valid B1/B2 visa that was issued in India (through my then employer) few years ago and is still valid. I have to go to the US for 5 days for a conference. I am not sure if I can still use the same visa or if I need to apply for another one just because I have now become a Canadian PR. Does anybody know the answer?

Thanks!
Sandeep

sudkak

Apr 16, 2013
HI Chappan,
Can you please let me know how did you manage this ? I have same query and planning to travel US for visiting .

chappan said:
Dear Forum Members,

Thanks!

chappan

Star Member
May 30, 2012
I traveled to the US with no issues with the same old visa that I had on my passport. In case you have your visa stamped on an expired passport, make sure that you travel with both old and the new passport. You will not have to transfer your visa from expired passport to the new one. Hope it helps!

mabmabs

Jun 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 july 2013
AOR Received.
PER 4 Oct 2013
chappan said:
Dear Forum Members,

Thanks!
yes why not, my sister lives in canada, and she has B1/B2 visa and she often travel to US by car , but there is additional fee she pays while crossing border, according to her, she was told by immigration officer that this visa is valid for entry via air (Plane), so they dont issue new visa but she pays off more to eligible for entry to US via road.