+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting passport from Los Angeles office

one half

Jul 20, 2009
Has anyone else received their passport back from Los Angeles? Mine was sent along with my RPRF on January 4th and I haven't got it back yet. Is this normal? Can I contact them?

fengmiao

Jan 18, 2012
Hello, I sent mime three weeks ago to LA, but have not heard anything back. Wonder how long did it take you to receive your passport? Thanks

jeffchwai

Sep 21, 2011
I sent mine on the 23rd Feb, and since then I havent heard back from the LA office. However, my e-cas status changed to "decision made" on the friday two weeks ago. :( I am very worried now.

fengmiao

Jan 18, 2012
jeffchwai said:
I sent mine on the 23rd Feb, and since then I havent heard back from the LA office. However, my e-cas status changed to "decision made" on the friday two weeks ago. :( I am very worried now.
My e-cas status changed to "decision made" last week, but so far my bank draft hasn't been cashed out. I am worried too. Hope you can receive you passport soon!

sraurtah

Apr 11, 2012
Hi! I am new here and I am in the same situation
I send my Passport and RPRF February 16 to Los Angeles and I not received anything back
Also my money order hasn't been cashed out.

wufan33

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LA is the slowest of them all (average 1.5 to 2 months), then Buffalo (1 month) and NYC and Detroit are the fastest (Max 2 weeks)

salmtzo

Star Member
Aug 8, 2011
My VO was LA as well, back in October 2011 it only took 2 and a half week to get our passports (4) back from them, I also live in Alberta and I used Fedex with a prepaid return envelope.

Cheers.

jeffchwai

Sep 21, 2011
wufan33, is it true that most ppl wait 1.5-2 months from the LA office?
Most cases I read are similar to salmtzo, that's why I am worried :(

wufan33

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend mailed his passport to LA 1.5 months ago, he finally fed up with the wait and went to LA office yesterday in person. He was being told that the immigration visa has been approved and issued a while back, but LA office is extremely busy, so they put all the passport aside, then slowly start mailing it out when they have time.
Furthermore, he was being told that whenever you email LA, you should mention the file number that starts with B, and they normally dont check that email address frequent enough. he was being told the "case specific inquiry" is relatively faster way compare to the LA general email address. Hope the info helps :)

Link to "case specific inquiry" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/los-angeles.asp

wufan33

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe he did. You need to be there first thing in the morning to get your passport back within the same day.