+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Average time for citizenship certificate

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
For those who have been lucky enough to get the Oath of citizenship, what has been the time it took after the oath to get your certificate of citizenship? Trying to make a decision on if I should renew my passport or wait and get a Canadian passport for travel. I know that once you cut up your PR card getting back into Canada without it could be a problem unless you have a Canadian passport.

Sanaei

Mar 19, 2021
For those who have been lucky enough to get the Oath of citizenship, what has been the time it took after the oath to get your certificate of citizenship? Trying to make a decision on if I should renew my passport or wait and get a Canadian passport for travel. I know that once you cut up your PR card getting back into Canada without it could be a problem unless you have a Canadian passport.
This needs to be reposted. I am on the same boat as yours. Where you able to find any information from anywhere at all?

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
Depends on your lvo e.g Vancouver is about a week to receive the cert, and then passport about a month.