+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Average Test to Oath Time - Toronto

pants123

Feb 24, 2015
Hello! We are writing our test (Scarborough office) on this Saturday, Jan 9th, and I am wondering if someone knows the average time in the GTA/Scarborough between test and oath.

Some friends have recently gotten an oath date within 6 weeks after the test, others have been waiting much longer.

We have a trip to Europe planned in late March and if I get the oath and Canadian passport before then, I will not need to apply for a visa so trying to plan accordingly!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
pants123 said:
Hello! We are writing our test (Scarborough office) on this Saturday, Jan 9th, and I am wondering if someone knows the average time in the GTA/Scarborough between test and oath.

Some friends have recently gotten an oath date within 6 weeks after the test, others have been waiting much longer.

We have a trip to Europe planned in late March and if I get the oath and Canadian passport before then, I will not need to apply for a visa so trying to plan accordingly!
Completely agree with the other reader, you write the test. A week before you intend to travel, send a "Registered Mail" to inform the CIC about your travel plans. Can't rely much either on regular mail or Call Center agents for such important information.

If you tell CIC even during the interview, they may take it an excuse to delay your Oath invitation beyond the normal time.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pants123 said:

Don't tell anything to cic

they will slower ur oath mail

just finish the oath then leave canada

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pants123 said:

Wouldn't it be more awesome to travel with a Canadian passport on a later date, eh?