+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

authority to release personal information to a designated individual

solomomkay3

Dec 26, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am almost completing my application but has few problems to solve
My question is about the IMM 5475 (authority to release personal information to a designated individual. My questions are
1. who suppose to fill this form, the sponsor or P.A?
2. Is this form mandatory. That is will it affect us if we don't complete it?
I live in Canada and my wife lives abroad.
Thanks again for making our lives better

solomon

ashpash22

Jan 15, 2018
Australia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
02-09-2018
AOR Received.
23-03-2018
Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
It says on the Document Checklist that this form is "Not mandatory". Only use this if you have someone else that you want information released to, who is not your representative (if you have one).

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
Your spouse (the applicant) may name you (the sponsor) on this form so that you have authority to find out details of the application if you ever call the call centre. As long as the application is located inside Canada (until the point in the process where the application is sent to the local Visa Office where your spouse resides), you will be able to call for details on behalf of your spouse if they name you on this form.

j3d

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Your spouse (the applicant) may name you (the sponsor) on this form so that you have authority to find out details of the application if you ever call the call centre. As long as the application is located inside Canada (until the point in the process where the application is sent to the local Visa Office where your spouse resides), you will be able to call for details on behalf of your spouse if they name you on this form.
If the application have been forwarded to the local Visa Office, how could I get details regarding my wife's (applicant) application?

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
If the application have been forwarded to the local Visa Office, how could I get details regarding my wife's (applicant) application?
You would need to contact that Visa Office directly. I'm uncertain how to do that exactly though. We never had to do this because my wife's application was started and finished in Mississauga.

Reactions: j3d

j3d

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
You would need to contact that Visa Office directly. I'm uncertain how to do that exactly though. We never had to do this because my wife's application was started and finished in Mississauga.
I'll try to find it out. Thanks!