+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authentication letter Ontario MTO - direct G2 / G

pradz

Feb 24, 2016
Hi,

I do not see any other post on this and I think most people are clueless plus there is a catch 22 situation.

The Ontario MTO requires out of country drivers to proove 24+ months experience by an authentication letter that authenticates your India license. I have checked with Mumbai RTO and I believe most Indian RTOs do not have a LETTERHEAD per se on which they could authenticate your driving experience.

How does one get around this problem? The Indian consulate at Toronto clearly states they will not issue any letters either. Any guidance by seniors / others who have worked this out and given a direct G / G2 test ??

Thanks.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
try getting an original record mailed to you. if you can get it stamped by the RTO so that it shows it is from them, it may work. i had a similar issue with a us dmv. they didn't produce anything on letterhead, so I had them print out what they could, stamp it with their credentials, and seal the envelop with a stamp too. it worked for me, after a little finagling at the driving centre here.

pradz

Feb 24, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
try getting an original record mailed to you. if you can get it stamped by the RTO so that it shows it is from them, it may work. i had a similar issue with a us dmv. they didn't produce anything on letterhead, so I had them print out what they could, stamp it with their credentials, and seal the envelop with a stamp too. it worked for me, after a little finagling at the driving centre here.
CDNPR2014 thanks. I actually enquired and the RTO agent tells me they can provide something called an
"extract" which essentially would be a printout like the one you mention. I hope I can get it stamped and signed and sealed in an envelope. I had US d/l but its been expired for over 1 year so cant be used at Ontario drivetest. Thanks for the tips !! ;D