+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian studying in Canada

AmyK

Jul 19, 2013
Hi there,

I am a Canadian citizen and my boyfriend is Australian. He has completed his online application to study in Canada through the Sydney embassy. However, because of the strike, we are concerned that it may take an extended period of time for his visa.

I have read that students are not advised to come to Canada on a tourist visa before their student visas are granted because they may either be denied, or if approved, they will have to have their visas inserted into their passport upon arrival in Canada. However, I live close to the American border, so would it be possible for him to come to Canada as a tourist and then leave Canada/reenter through the American border to get his visa inserted into his passport once approved?

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AmyK said:
Hi there,

I am a Canadian citizen and my boyfriend is Australian. He has completed his online application to study in Canada through the Sydney embassy. However, because of the strike, we are concerned that it may take an extended period of time for his visa.

I have read that students are not advised to come to Canada on a tourist visa before their student visas are granted because they may either be denied, or if approved, they will have to have their visas inserted into their passport upon arrival in Canada. However, I live close to the American border, so would it be possible for him to come to Canada as a tourist and then leave Canada/reenter through the American border to get his visa inserted into his passport once approved?
Hello,
Strike doesn't affect on student visa process as they are still being process study visa applications.
I am not sure about your other query.

Merg

May 3, 2013
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the strike has effected their visa application and caused any delays, etc? I am a journalism student in Canada and I'm doing an assignment on the effect of the strike on International students. Any help would be great! Thanks!