+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian Student Visa Refused because of BAD SOP - PLEASE HELP GUYS!

Jeff23

Sep 4, 2012
Hello all,

This is my first post to this forum. I had applied for Australian student visa, but got refused because of BAD Sop. I did not mention properly why I want to study in Australia, now I want to apply for Canadian student visa.

1.Would I be able Canadian student visa?
2.I want to study Business Information System? Is it in PR list?
3.What are chances of getting PR in CANADA?
4.I have read that I will get 3yrs work permit If I apply for 3yrs degree. Is it correct?

Please help!

Regards,
Jeff

tiger007

Champion Member
Jeff23 said:
Hello all,

This is my first post to this forum. I had applied for Australian student visa, but got refused because of BAD Sop. I did not mention properly why I want to study in Australia, now I want to apply for Canadian student visa.

1.Would I be able Canadian student visa?
2.I want to study Business Information System? Is it in PR list?
3.What are chances of getting PR in CANADA?
4.I have read that I will get 3yrs work permit If I apply for 3yrs degree. Is it correct?

Please help!

Regards,
Jeff
Hi,

I've never heard or read about Australian study visa being rejected (if one has sufficient funding and no priors).. let alone the reason for rejection being bad SOP!!!
Anyways... answers to your queries:

1. Yes. Depends on your overall profile -academics, IELTS, work ex etc., financial strength and proper course selection.
To know more about study permits in Canada, visit the official CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

2. This type of skilled occupation LIST only applies if you are looking forward to get PR visa via Federal/Quebec skilled worker programme. It's tougher and lengthier process.

For international students studying in Canada it is comparatively much easier and faster to get PR, via Federal student immigration route called CEC (Canada Experience class- here for example, one must study a 2 acd. years programme, work in ANY skilled job for 1 year..and then apply for PR!) or various other Provincial student immigration routes, run by individual provinces (each province has different set of rules).
So, when compared to Australia / other developed countries, Canada has far more (and better) immigration options available for international students.

To know more about various immigration options available to international students in Canada, visit this page to get list of all official links - both federal and provincial student immigration programmes:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html
Go through all the OFFICIAL links, read in detail..and you will be surprised by the number of options international students have for getting PR in Canada. Although most of them require you to get a skilled job.

3. Again, getting PR entirely depends on you, your willingness to succeed and to an extend luck.

4. After finishing your studies from any of the recognized Canadian educational institutes (of minimum 8 months/2 sem), one can apply for PGWP-Post graduate work permit, which depends on the length of your study programme. For getting the maximum 3 years PGWP, one must study a full time post secondary academic programme of minimum 2 academic years or 4 semesters.. which can be completed in continuous 16months, 20 months(with 1 summer break) or 24 months(2 summer breaks) depending upon the programme and some may also have internship/co-op element as part of the course, which are usually in summer months. Any study programme less than 2 academic years will give you PGWP equivalent to the duration of the study programme.
To know more about Post graduate work permits, Off campus work permits and Co-op/internship work permits visit the official CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp

Hope it clears your queries.

Best of luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

maninder89

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/11/12
IELTS Request
7.5 BANDS
Med's Done....
9 november 2012
VISA ISSUED...
4/12/12
tiger007 said:
Hi,

I've never heard or read about Australian study visa being rejected (if one has sufficient funding and no priors).. let alone the reason for rejection being bad SOP!!!
Anyways... answers to your queries:

1. Yes. Depends on your overall profile -academics, IELTS, work ex etc., financial strength and proper course selection.
To know more about study permits in Canada, visit the official CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

2. This type of skilled occupation LIST only applies if you are looking forward to get PR visa via Federal/Quebec skilled worker programme. It's tougher and lengthier process.

For international students studying in Canada it is comparatively much easier and faster to get PR, via Federal student immigration route called CEC (Canada Experience class- here for example, one must study a 2 acd. years programme, work in ANY skilled job for 1 year..and then apply for PR!) or various other Provincial student immigration routes, run by individual provinces (each province has different set of rules).
So, when compared to Australia / other developed countries, Canada has far more (and better) immigration options available for international students.

To know more about various immigration options available to international students in Canada, visit this page to get list of all official links - both federal and provincial student immigration programmes:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html
Go through all the OFFICIAL links, read in detail..and you will be surprised by the number of options international students have for getting PR in Canada. Although most of them require you to get a skilled job.

3. Again, getting PR entirely depends on you, your willingness to succeed and to an extend luck.

4. After finishing your studies from any of the recognized Canadian educational institutes (of minimum 8 months/2 sem), one can apply for PGWP-Post graduate work permit, which depends on the length of your study programme. For getting the maximum 3 years PGWP, one must study a full time post secondary academic programme of minimum 2 academic years or 4 semesters.. which can be completed in continuous 16months, 20 months(with 1 summer break) or 24 months(2 summer breaks) depending upon the programme and some may also have internship/co-op element as part of the course, which are usually in summer months. Any study programme less than 2 academic years will give you PGWP equivalent to the duration of the study programme.
To know more about Post graduate work permits, Off campus work permits and Co-op/internship work permits visit the official CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp

Hope it clears your queries.

Best of luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.
i want some advice for my friend who is currently in australia on student visa . he is from india. he wants to go to canada on student visa . my proposed questions are:

1. Can he apply for student visa from australia ?
2. He has done 3 years of australian study . Do he need to take IELTS again ?

tiger007

Champion Member
maninder89 said:
i want some advice for my friend who is currently in australia on student visa . he is from india. he wants to go to canada on student visa . my proposed questions are:

1. Can he apply for student visa from australia ?
2. He has done 3 years of australian study . Do he need to take IELTS again ?
Hi,

1. I think.. Yes. Because on the official CIC website - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp - as long as the applicant meets the basic eligibility criteria to apply for a Canadian study permit, there should be no problem. In any case, to be 100% sure... It is best to contact the Canadian High commission in Sydney, Australia and ask if foreign citizens residing legally in Australia, can send Canadian study permit application to the CHC Sydney office OR do they need to send the application to the CHC office in their home country? This way, your friend can get a clear answer.
Canadian High Commission, Sydney, Australia - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/sydney.asp
email: sydney-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

2.Mostly Yes. As long as your friend is not a native English speaker, not only most Canadian educational institutes (some may not ask) will ask for an IELTS score but also while applying for Canadian study permit, it is strongly reccomended for Indians to provide an IELTS score not older than 2 years and is compulsory if applying under SPP category. But, who knows, if your friend can apply via CHC Sydney office, they MAY not require an IELTS score. Your friend again will need to confirm this with the educational institute he/she is applying to and check with the CHC, Sydney office. Anyway, It's always a good idea to have a latest IELTS score.

Hope it helps.

maninder89

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/11/12
IELTS Request
7.5 BANDS
Med's Done....
9 november 2012
VISA ISSUED...
4/12/12
tiger007 said:
Hi,

1. I think.. Yes. Because on the official CIC website - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp - as long as the applicant meets the basic eligibility criteria to apply for a Canadian study permit, there should be no problem. In any case, to be 100% sure... It is best to contact the Canadian High commission in Sydney, Australia and ask if foreign citizens residing legally in Australia, can send Canadian study permit application to the CHC Sydney office OR do they need to send the application to the CHC office in their home country? This way, your friend can get a clear answer.
Canadian High Commission, Sydney, Australia - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/sydney.asp
email: sydney-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

2.Mostly Yes. As long as your friend is not a native English speaker, not only most Canadian educational institutes (some may not ask) will ask for an IELTS score but also while applying for Canadian study permit, it is strongly reccomended for Indians to provide an IELTS score not older than 2 years and is compulsory if applying under SPP category. But, who knows, if your friend can apply via CHC Sydney office, they MAY not require an IELTS score. Your friend again will need to confirm this with the educational institute he/she is applying to and check with the CHC, Sydney office. Anyway, It's always a good idea to have a latest IELTS score.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for info

Jeff23

Sep 4, 2012
Thanks Tiger007!

Few more questions for you.

1- I will get work permit after 1yr (2 semester) right? Would I be able to work more then 20 hours or not?

2- Is it worth coming to Canada on student visa in the hope of getting PR?

3- I will be coming for 3yrs Bach degree. Can I pay my fees and other expenses through odd jobs? My Parents will pay my 1st yr fee and initial 6 months expenses. I have good experience of telemarketing in Canada. I worked for Bell and Rogers.

4- I got refused for Australian because of study GAP. I completed my I.COM in 2007 and afterwards I did not study at all as I was hoping to complete my IT degree from Aus or Canada.

5- You have mention that Canadian PR is easy attainable compare to Australian PR process.

tiger007

Champion Member
Jeff23 said:
Thanks Tiger007!

Few more questions for you.

1- I will get work permit after 1yr (2 semester) right? Would I be able to work more then 20 hours or not?

2- Is it worth coming to Canada on student visa in the hope of getting PR?

3- I will be coming for 3yrs Bach degree. Can I pay my fees and other expenses through odd jobs? My Parents will pay my 1st yr fee and initial 6 months expenses. I have good experience of telemarketing in Canada. I worked for Bell and Rogers.

4- I got refused for Australian because of study GAP. I completed my I.COM in 2007 and afterwards I did not study at all as I was hoping to complete my IT degree from Aus or Canada.

5- You have mention that Canadian PR is easy attainable compare to Australian PR process.
Hi,

Go through the previous posts in the international student section of this forum. You may learn and come to know a lot. But always rely on the official websites for final info.

Now, some of your questions are hypothetical, and entirely depends on the individual, that person's situation and other external factors and hence there is no direct answer(s).
Anyways..

1. Again go through the Offical CIC websites:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp
You will find here all you need to know about study permits and various work permits available for international students.
One can apply for Post graduate Work Permit (PGWP) after completion of the course and Off campus work permit (OCWP) after 6 months of full time studies. The OCWP will allow you to work part-time for 20 hours a week.

2. It's upto you to decide. What are your final aspirations..and how passionate you are... and are you willing to take that risk to come to Canada? One man may succeed while another may fail. One man's heaven can be another man's hell. So, no one can predict the actual "WORTH". Totally..on you..and you, yourself got to ask the question..is it really worth for me to try for PR in Canada by coming as an international student? Can I do it? Think on it.. do lots of research on it... and take a final decision.

3. You MAY earn enough for your monthly living expenses through part time jobs , if you are in bigger cities (where more jobs are available). In my opinion, its nearly impossible to pay off your tuition fees with part time jobs.

4. Sorry to hear about that. You should try to cover up that study gap, or by stay honest (don't hide anything) and take the risk of getting rejected for Canadian study permit. Previously you mentioned, Australian study visa got rejected ONLY because of bad SOP. Long study gap(s) is not looked in a positive light anywhere. And that's really difficult to explain on SOP, unless you got legitimate documents to cover up or give some valid and believable explanation.

5. Nothing is easy, per se. But yeah..as compared to getting PR of other countries for international students... like say UK, where it is near impossible... to Australia/NZ/Singapore where it is very difficult... Canada... in that sense... its easier.

Hope, it helps.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... and you should consult other sources too.