+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian Police Certificate for Canadian working holiday visa (IEC)?

Gingertooth

Feb 2, 2012
Hi,

I'm a british citizen applying for the 1 year canadian working holiday type visa (IEC). 3 years ago I travelled around Australia for 10 months on a working holiday visa. Do I need to get and submit an Australian Police Certificate with my Canadian Visa application???

The Canadian Gov. guidance notes to the visa application says that "if you have lived in another country other than Canada for a period of more than six months since your 18th birthday,you must also enclose a valid police certificate from the country..."

But what is the defintion of 'lived in'? I was travelling around australia and wouldnt say I was a resident.

Any help much appreciated. :D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you'll need an Australian police certificate because you were there for more than six months.

sunny.stiffy

Feb 26, 2012
Hello There,

I stayed in Australia for 18months and returned home in august 2009 and now applying for Canadian PR, thus Canadian High commission is asking for my Australian PCC , now here is the problem. I have two unpaid traffic tickets in Victoria which I didnt paid as I was never travelling back to Australia.

Now will those traffic tickets reflect under my Australian PCC ?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks in Advance.

Warm REgards
Sunny

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sunny.stiffy said:
Hello There,

I stayed in Australia for 18months and returned home in august 2009 and now applying for Canadian PR, thus Canadian High commission is asking for my Australian PCC , now here is the problem. I have two unpaid traffic tickets in Victoria which I didnt paid as I was never travelling back to Australia.

Now will those traffic tickets reflect under my Australian PCC ?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks in Advance.

Warm REgards
Sunny
1. Yes, because you have to :

IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY: Additional requirements apply for those who lived in or currently live in the States of Queensland and/or Victoria after their 18th birthday:

Residents of Queensland must submit a Traffic History which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver’s licence was issued.
Residents of Victoria must submit a Licence History Search which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver’s licence was issued.

Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that the person has never held a driver’s licence in that state.

2. Mind you traffic tickets won't effect your application unless they were for dangerous driving or impaired.