+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australia Or Canada - Which is better country to settle!!

sweetberry

Star Member
Nov 7, 2009
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I have this thought in my mind since quite some time.
We recently got our Australian PR visa from London, Also I am planning to apply for Canadian Visa( Under NOC 0213) next year.
I feel , It would be wonderful to debate/ get information on which country( Australia OR Canada) to immigrate and eventually settle down in all aspects like Employment,Education, cost of living, weather Etc.This may help us to decide on which country to settle down, though its a personal choice. I can co-relate all the facts( Do N don'ts) and finally decide with a country. :)

Indeed, both the countries are different/similar and wonderful in their own ways. One of the similarities being both the countries has a City named "Sydney".I was confused in the begining when members here told me to send the initial doc to " Sydney".. :D..Jokes apart , lets us know the positives and negatives of each country. :)Thanks you all..

Have a nice day!!

Sweetberry.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear Ma'am,

This being a CanadaVisa forum, most of us are inclined to make it to Canada. We have our unique personal reasons to it, but albeit with one forte -that we found Canada to be our choice venue over ANZ.

Said that, both nations are quite different & diverse in their socio-economic strata, multiculturalism, cost of living, house affordability, climate, industrial relations and many more. It'll be potent for u to have a look at http://www.livingin-canada.com/ just to have an essence of what I'm saying.

Now, that u have already got the Australian PR; and u must have done quite a research before applying for it, my personal opinion would be that u stick to that choice, aka -making it big in Australia. 'Coz, again applying for Canada would take quite some of ur time, resources & attention; and neither of the 2 (Canada or Australia) are good or bad, on individual tastes.

Hope that helps.

sweetberry

Star Member
Nov 7, 2009
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Dear Ma'am,

This being a CanadaVisa forum, most of us are inclined to make it to Canada. We have our unique personal reasons to it, but albeit with one forte -that we found Canada to be our choice venue over ANZ.

Said that, both nations are quite different & diverse in their socio-economic strata, multiculturalism, cost of living, house affordability, climate, industrial relations and many more. It'll be potent for u to have a look at http://www.livingin-canada.com/ just to have an essence of what I'm saying.

Now, that u have already got the Australian PR; and u must have done quite a research before applying for it, my personal opinion would be that u stick to that choice, aka -making it big in Australia. 'Coz, again applying for Canada would take quite some of ur time, resources & attention; and neither of the 2 (Canada or Australia) are good or bad, on individual tastes.

Hope that helps.
Hi Qoarax,

Tx for the reply, its indeed a wonderful one. :)

Yes thats the catch. I need to understand why you all chose Canada? any specific reasons apart from personal ones like( Relatives residing in Canada etc)

However, I need to know from any of the members who has seen both world's OR researched on both these countries. As a matter of fact, I have done significant research on immigration to OZ and yet do any kind of home work on Canada, as recently we were thinking of applying for a Canadian PR.Subsequently, I wish to have a comparative data to decide.

Yes, I strongly feel both the countries have their own +ves and -ves . My concern is also to know in detail which are those specially "-ves" which we can avoid them if happen to know in prior. Does it sound logical??

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi Ma'am,

If u do have a strong quest on knowing more on Canada look at the website I provided before (link given below, as well).

http://www.livingin-canada.com/

This site is a wholesome infobox for most aspects on our quest for Canada.

Regards.

sweetberry

Star Member
Nov 7, 2009
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hi Ma'am,

If u do have a strong quest on knowing more on Canada look at the website I provided before (link given below, as well).

http://www.livingin-canada.com/

This site is a wholesome infobox for most aspects on our quest for Canada.

Regards.
Tx once again Qorax( you have an interesting user ID.. ha ha ). This link " living in Canada" actually gives out very "THE official details" ;)
I am kinda more interested in knowing from the members .I did the same for ANZ through websites named "British Expats" and "Poms in OZ". It was extremely good experience exchanging views with new Immigrants and ones who are already settled in the OZ. Lets leave this thread open, N Let me wait till I happen to get few more inputs. :) ..

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi - As I have heard about Australia, Australia has got a very good climate and landscape. In one's lifetime, eveyone should visit Australia atleast once. But Canada has got the worst climate (freezing temp.). Still we are prepared to live there as our country is completely polluted (air, water, noise).

rgds, George Joseph.

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Both are good options, most people like Australia due to pleasant weather and growing economy. Canada is close to Europe and US which has advantages.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
GeorgeJoseph said:
I am from India. So, India is near by to Australia for easy travel. he hee heeee. rgds, George
You said its polluted, how bad is it? Is that in a city or less urban place?

commonwealth

Nov 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good for you but the OP is from UK. Canada is beautiful country; you just need to get use to snow.

CanSun

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Canada is much better than Australia to settle down.

The biggest advantage Canada has is its close integration with the US through NAFTA. No matter what people say - the truth of the matter is that USA is still the sole superpower in the world - economy, culture or military - no other country is even close enough. It might change in the future but for now this is the fact.

So, due to its integration with the US - there are much more career opportunities in Canada than in Australia. Once you have Canadian or American work experience or education - the sky is the limit in North America. The North American Economy is way way bigger than Australia and New Zealand economies combined many times. I know many people say that China, India and the European Union will have bigger economies than the US very soon - but on a per capita basis, the US will still stay on top for quite a while to come and that benefits Canada tremendously. The reason is very simple - Canada has guaranteed access to the massive and rich US market and the US has guaranteed access to the massive and rich natural resources of Canada. So its a win-win for both Canada and USA.

As locals say - THE BUCK STOPS HERE.

Najeebkhan84

Sep 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 May 2011
Doc's Request.