+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August CEC Applicants

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Interesting. I might ask for the process if I get the same. Although we have a office in Halifax, NS. One of my friend had to make an appointment there for the landing. If I've to do telephone landing, then I will msg you.

Which one is better? I've no rep, I am confused. Help
The telephone landing is easier and quicker but my rep advised against it. It seems to be a consensus among immigration consultants where this new pilot program is concerned because it is new and a lot of people that have received this email got it from different sources ... while I got it from the MTLExpress email mentioned above, others have received it from a different source so it's still questionable. I don't mind waiting for my PPR email but if you want to go ahead with telephone landing then that's fine too... there have been many good reports.

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
The telephone landing is easier and quicker but my rep advised against it. It seems to be a consensus among immigration consultants where this new pilot program is concerned because it is new and a lot of people that have received this email got it from different sources ... while I got it from the MTLExpress email mentioned above, others have received it from a different source so it's still questionable. I don't mind waiting for my PPR email but if you want to go ahead with telephone landing then that's fine too... there have been many good reports.
I think I will just do the traditional one. Not feeling like messing it up now.
I am still waiting for the email, I didn't receive any emails for telephone landing. Maybe tomorrow, let's see.

Reactions: jman25

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
Interesting, I did confirm my application is approved on Thursday, however I didn't receive any email for telephone landing or anything. My application approved last Tuesday as per the agent. No communication yet. Ask @jman25, he has this kind of communication.
My app was approved told by the call centre agent on the same day as yours, last Tuesday. I haven't received any emails yet.

Kishan50

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
My app was approved told by the call centre agent on the same day as yours, last Tuesday. I haven't received any emails yet.
You got the ghost update as well?

On which number did you call? I'm currently in Canada. What did you ask the agent?

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
You got the ghost update as well?

On which number did you call? I'm currently in Canada. What did you ask the agent?
I didn't get the ghost update. I got update on Nov 27th that they are processing my background check. And later on I found out my application got approved on the same day. So I assume the background check update should works the same as ghost update.

1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only). I asked about the status of my application.

Kishan50

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
I didn't get the ghost update. I got update on Nov 27th that they are processing my background check. And later on I found out my application got approved on the same day. So I assume the background check update should works the same as ghost update.

Thank you! I've been on Ip2 since Nov 18th.

I'll try calling them today.

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
I think I will just do the traditional one. Not feeling like messing it up now.
I am still waiting for the email, I didn't receive any emails for telephone landing. Maybe tomorrow, let's see.
So upon further consultation, my rep said that consultants within her forum have reported where their clients have done the telephone landing and I can do it but it is all up to me. :rolleyes:

The email I received from IRCC has my UCI number attached to it and my email so I think they have communicated enough of my personal information that I provided to them for me to take the risk and trust this process.

I responded a good 7 hours after the 48-hour window they give for us to respond but the email says that if I happen to respond after 48 hours they will do their best to accommodate my request. I will see what happens next.

I have not received any PPR email but the telephone landing email said they will mail me my COPR before the scheduled call to complete the telephone landing.

I will keep you posted! LOL

Reactions: tushya

Kishan50

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017

I tried calling but the call did not go through. There was an automated message saying that they are experiencing high volume of calls at the moment and to try again later..

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
MY Immigration consultant just called and said that another consultant in her forum just posted THE OFFICIAL RELEASE FROM IRCC THAT THEY ARE CONDUCTING A TELEPHONE LANDING PILOT PROGRAM.

So if anyone gets the email its a GO!
All the best! @tushya @Mystico_90 @shane1990

BlueP

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Hi @shantanu1988, could I ask you when your background check changed into IP2? Mine changed on Nov 23rd and I was wondering when I'd get the golden mail.

hello Tushya

I call cic today and Agent told me you will receiving a PPR request before 15th as app is approve and also I got my GCMS Notes and it says that deadline put By officer for Request is 15th December and also confirm by agent so I am wondering how come I am receiving Landing before PPR stamp ? and agent also never mention that such kind of Process

Last edited:

Kishan50

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017