+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August AOR 2017

CanadianAspirant

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi there, I am Automation Software testing professional, I applied under 2283-B category, I received ITA and we applied for PR. But we didn't hear anything back from IRCC yet, however people applied in Category "A" NOC codes with similar timelines already get their Passport Request mails. I am wondering does NOC code really matter with processing time of PR application? Could you guys please throw your experience here? Anyone applied in 2283, got PPR so far? Thanks in advance.

mp_ohwtc

Aug 25, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have a (unique?) situation. My fiance and I (separate applications) are AOR August 8 and looking at the recent timelines of other applicants, it seems that the PPR may come by October.

We intend to get married before we go to Canada (medicals expire in July), so that gives us an 8 month window before we land.

What will be the best (and of course legitimate) option for us?

1. Get our marriage registered after visa stamping but before landing in Canada - What sort of hassle may that lead to?
2. Get our marriage registered after PPR but before submitting the passport, and then inform CIC/VFS (I think this will be the most cumbersome process)
3. Can't marry in India but only in Canada after getting the PR card
4. Land in Canada, get PR card, return to India (whenever that happens) and then marry

We are just weighing our options right now and will plan/proceed accordingly.

Any help from you folks will be much appreciated.

Good luck with your applications. May the force be with you (and the visa officer too, to process it quickly)!

Regards

iMayflower

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
NOC Code......
n
Can you tell me one more thing please, does your educational qualification match with the employment requirements of 1123?
I mean, have you covered anything of their employment requirements in your masters of economics?
A university degree or college diploma in business marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, museology or a discipline related to a particular subject matter is usually required.
Practitioners in public relations may require an APR (Accredited in Public Relations) designation.
Thanks in advance!
No, my education is totally different. There is no requirement that education should match this NOC: "...usually required.." means there can be a related degree but it's not mandatory.

Reactions: ravleen

thourb

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I have a (unique?) situation. My fiance and I (separate applications) are AOR August 8 and looking at the recent timelines of other applicants, it seems that the PPR may come by October.

We intend to get married before we go to Canada (medicals expire in July), so that gives us an 8 month window before we land.

What will be the best (and of course legitimate) option for us?

1. Get our marriage registered after visa stamping but before landing in Canada - What sort of hassle may that lead to?
2. Get our marriage registered after PPR but before submitting the passport, and then inform CIC/VFS (I think this will be the most cumbersome process)
3. Can't marry in India but only in Canada after getting the PR card
4. Land in Canada, get PR card, return to India (whenever that happens) and then marry

We are just weighing our options right now and will plan/proceed accordingly.

Any help from you folks will be much appreciated.

Good luck with your applications. May the force be with you (and the visa officer too, to process it quickly)!

Regards
I can't say that I know what the best option for you is, but my partner and I are in a very similar position, although we are applying on one application rather than separately. We are planning on taking a landing trip to Canada to activate our PR and do admin such as get SIN, look for house/job market etc. We then plan to come back to the UK to marry and then will leave permanently. This seems to us like the best option which won't involve any undue hassle with the immigration authorities.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide and congratulations on your forthcoming marriage!

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
n

No, my education is totally different. There is no requirement that education should match this NOC: "...usually required.." means there can be a related degree but it's not mandatory.
Finally a relief....Thanks!

TheKMan

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
15-08-2017
Passport Req..
07-09-2017
Hi All

First post on the forum.

FSWO from India.

Timelines as below:

AOR: 08th August 2017
Medical Passed: 14th August
IP1: 15/16th August
NA2: Missed the date
RPRF Request: 30th August
RPRF Paid: 31st August
IP2: 31st August

Waiting for PPR. Fingers Crossed!

Cheers!

Last edited:

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Hi All

First post on the forum.

FSWO from India.

Timelines as below:

AOR: 08th August 2017
Medical Passed: 14th August
IP1: 15/16th August
NA2: Missed the date
RPRF Request: 30th August
RPRF Paid: 31st August
IP2: 31st August

Waiting for PPR. Fingers Crossed!

Cheers!
All the best to you :)

TheKMan

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
15-08-2017
Passport Req..
07-09-2017
Reactions: ravleen

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Hey Thanks!

I understand it may be too soon to be impatient but by when should I expect PPR?
I am sorry but I don't have any idea. I have myself got my AOR on 20th August and after that I am not aware of anything regarding my file because it has been submitted by the consultants and everytime I ask something from them, their reply is 'wait for our call or mail'.
So, you can understand my situation, you people atleast know what's going on with your file and where do you stand, but, I just have to be patient and wait for a good news/update from them.

TheKMan

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
15-08-2017
Passport Req..
07-09-2017
I am sorry but I don't have any idea. I have myself got my AOR on 20th August and after that I am not aware of anything regarding my file because it has been submitted by the consultants and everytime I ask something from them, their reply is 'wait for our call or mail'.
So, you can understand my situation, you people atleast know what's going on with your file and where do you stand, but, I just have to be patient and wait for a good news/update from them.
Ohh. Definitely a tough wait for u.

However, its just 15 days yet. And if you have paid the RPRF upfront, it may take a few more days to see some action.

Good luck!

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Ohh. Definitely a tough wait for u.

However, its just 15 days yet. And if you have paid the RPRF upfront, it may take a few more days to see some action.

Good luck!
RPRF is $550, right?

TheKMan

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
15-08-2017
Passport Req..
07-09-2017
RPRF is $550, right?
CAD 550 is the application processing fee.

RPRF is CAD 490. This can be paid either upfront alongwith the Processing fee or later when CIC requests a payment.

I received the request to pay RPRF after 22 days. Basis that, u can afford not to worry yet.