+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 - Citizenship Applications

citapplicant

Oct 9, 2023
what does grant DF stand for? I got my PR through FSW and that process was extremely fast. Took less than 3 months from US. So a bit confused what's taking long this time. I have a pretty common name though, not sure if the name has to do anything with the delay.
grant df shows up as office on many people's GCMS notes. You can request your own GCMS notes by looking up ATIP request and making a FREE request under the Privacy Act. It shows officer's notes about your file. Many people who have been waiting have grant DF in their notes. From what I've seen, after grant df, they leave a new note about a final review indicating grant df is some sort of final review that not everyone is subject to. Though, as I've said, this is my speculation, IRCC agents don't say the meaning of it, so it's kind of a secret.

Reactions: xyzxyz

Casablanca93

Star Member
Dec 23, 2018
It suck’s !! I don’t know why but I see a tend on having a GU on October 27th I’ve seen so many people on Facebook groups and some of them have a GU in that specifically date

I have same time line and still no update i was a refugee too. i don't what the heck is wrong with our application it's so frustrating man

ihaq56

Star Member
Jan 17, 2024
grant df shows up as office on many people's GCMS notes. You can request your own GCMS notes by looking up ATIP request and making a FREE request under the Privacy Act. It shows officer's notes about your file. Many people who have been waiting have grant DF in their notes. From what I've seen, after grant df, they leave a new note about a final review indicating grant df is some sort of final review that not everyone is subject to. Though, as I've said, this is my speculation, IRCC agents don't say the meaning of it, so it's kind of a secret.
I have the E grant review PM01

htrade

Jan 16, 2024
Hi guys, quick question, My citizenship ceremony is on March 6th, I am planning to go to India in April mid, What would be the best option to travel? with Canadian passport or Indian passport?

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Hi guys, quick question, My citizenship ceremony is on March 6th, I am planning to go to India in April mid, What would be the best option to travel? with Canadian passport or Indian passport?
You cannot travel on Indian passport after ceremony. Canadian passport is the only option, perhaps get an e-visa that's the quickest.

Solid_Rock

Star Member
Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
You will destroy your PR card on ceremony day. So if you go out, you can't come in, except you apply for a separate visa. You can apply for Canadian passport (express service) immediately after receiving your citizenship certificate, and you are good. I don't know if your country allow dual citizenship

ansarcrtni

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Category........
Other
You might to have to pros pond your travel plan . Once you become Canadian citizen you will need to surrender your Indian passport. Once it’s done you will need a tourist visa or OCI card to travel to india . I would recommend to get the OCI card since it has 10 years validity and you can stay longer period in India . But Tourist visa only allow you to stay 6 months . Also India doesn’t allow Canadian citizen to enter without valid visa or OCI card

Sywaseem

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Got my GCMS notes today. LPP not started yet. Criminality passed. Ut background still i progress on the tracker.

I see a status of E-Grant Security Clearance Pending. God knows what it means but surely more waiting

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021