+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
We don'r really know how the system looks and works at IRCC's end and what action taken by an officer will trigger what kind of status change we see at our end. Most people see background complete when ecas changes to in process, but some people's background still shows in progress when ecas has already changed to in process. No one knows what may cause this discrepancy.

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Also, I have been wondering why it takes several weeks to several months for applicants to get test invites after background completion. What needs to be done or needs to be checked by an officer during this long gap?

leoamb

Star Member
Nov 19, 2022
Also, I have been wondering why it takes several weeks to several months for applicants to get test invites after background completion. What needs to be done or needs to be checked by an officer during this long gap?

Hello, for your background verification completeness on Tracker, does ECAS (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do) also indicate when background verification was completed ? or only Tracker shows the completeness status for background ? Thanks.

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hello, for your background verification completeness on Tracker, does ECAS (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do) also indicate when background verification was completed ? or only Tracker shows the completeness status for background ? Thanks.
No. When tracker shows BG complete, ecas shows "in process" and if you click on "in process" you will see the latest update is "we have started processing your application'. There is a chart in ecas explaining what different statuses mean. According to the information provided there, ecas in process means your file has been forwarded to a local office for processing, so my understanding is by this time your background has been cleared and the local office will send your test invite in the next few weeks/months.

leoamb

Star Member
Nov 19, 2022
No. When tracker shows BG complete, ecas shows "in process" and if you click on "in process" you will see the latest update is "we have started processing your application'. There is a chart in ecas explaining what different statuses mean. According to the information provided there, ecas in process means your file has been forwarded to a local office for processing, so my understanding is by this time your background has been cleared and the local office will send your test invite in the next few weeks/months.
Thanks for the sharing and explanation.
My tracker still shows Background verification "In progress
", hope my background has been cleared and the status will be reflected on tracker.

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Thanks for the sharing and explanation.
My tracker still shows Background verification "In progress
", hope my background has been cleared and the status will be reflected on tracker.
No worries!

My tracker changed to BG complete 5 calendar days after ecas changed to in process. Your status will change soon. Then the next stage of this waiting game begins. I have no idea when test invites will be sent.

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
I genuinely believe the level of complexity of citizenship application processing does not warrant the 20+ month processing time. Of course I know there is a big backlog.

Also, we are not seeing test invites in recently days (for August group). I don’t know if they stop sending invites once they’ve hit their annual target.

Mohsin Safdar

Star Member
Aug 26, 2021
I genuinely believe the level of complexity of citizenship application processing does not warrant the 20+ month processing time. Of course I know there is a big backlog.

Also, we are not seeing test invites in recently days (for August group). I don’t know if they stop sending invites once they’ve hit their annual target.
I know there is a target for PR, is there a Target for citizenship??

baltzly

Star Member
May 21, 2019
I know there is a target for PR, is there a Target for citizenship??
I don’t know, but I have a feeling that they may have a “soft target” of how many citizenship applications should be processed and finalized within a fiscal year and they have the discretion to hold off on processing/sending invites or process applications very slowly when they’ve reached their goal for that year.

th1ru

Jul 9, 2018
Application Submitted: Aug 22
Application Type:- Paper, Single
City:- Toronto, ON
Days in Canada: 1,101
AOR:- Aug 25
ecas in progress - Nov 10
BG completed: Nov 17

Please update the sheet.

Reactions: SK79