+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2022 Citizenship Applications

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,
I have 2 questions regarding the status and comments I read in the forum:
1. Members said that BG check completed, how do we know about this? What status is updated to know such statuses?
2. What is ghost update? And where do we find these updates?

Please help. Thanks!
1. You can login to the tracker and see it(https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/dashboard)
2. In the tracker on the top right hand side if there is a change in the last updated date but no change in the statuses, that's called ghost update.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,

Following is my timeline:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1106 Days
Application: Family(2)- Myself and my spouse
Application sent: 24 August 2022
Delivered: 24 August 2022
AOR: 04 October 2022

I am wondering what can I expect next? When can I expect? What is the step by step process to follow? I am trying to find this information on forum but failed to find.

Can I request the experts to help ease my nerves. I would look forward to some response. Thanks!
Currently Online applicants of Jan month are seeing progress with respect to Background check getting completed and receiving Test Invite. You might have to wait a bit more months to see any progress.

skoduru0708

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Currently Online applicants of Jan month are seeing progress with respect to Background check getting completed and receiving Test Invite. You might have to wait a bit more months to see any progress.
Where are you seeing this? from our excel tracker I see even June applicants are getting invitations - correct?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Where are you seeing this? from our excel tracker I see even June applicants are getting invitations - correct?
Those are paper applicant. I see you are an online applicant, so my answer was based on that. The few online applicant you see having invitation would be the urgent application processing ones. The max movement for online applicants are from the Jan 22 month.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Look in the spreadsheets, if you see the ID is underlined and italicised, they are online applicants. Else, they are paper applicants. As @frow.jane said, Jan 2022 online applicants are now seeing some movement with respect to background checks and Test invites

New_Fighter

Sep 23, 2018
Hey Guys , from the spread sheet tracker It seems that the paper applications get processed much faster !. Anyone know the reason why? I am already online applicant If I knew that much difference in the processing time I would definitely go paper .. can someone changes the online application to paper one ?

th1ru

Jul 9, 2018
Reactions: New_Fighter

New_Fighter

Sep 23, 2018
Check this thread -
Thanks for sharing that. although I am lost, so their explanation of giving the paper application higher priorities is that the paper apps have big backlog! really ?!. I would understand if they process the older applications first but they process the new paper apps faster than the new online apps. so ridiculous and no sense . If they will keep doing that they will keep most people prefer to go paper and the backlog will never end !

skoduru0708

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Those are paper applicant. I see you are an online applicant, so my answer was based on that. The few online applicant you see having invitation would be the urgent application processing ones. The max movement for online applicants are from the Jan 22 month.
I am a paper applicant for a family of 4. Thank you.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi I am from September 2022 thread and just had a quick question from someone who has given test in recent times.
1. How long it takes for the test invite to come in general? My ecas tracker went in progress on October 10th,2022. Is it taking months to get the invite?
2. Once we get the invite, do they provide like a certain timeframe in which you have to complete the test or is it fixed date on which you have to give your test?
Just curious to know as I don't want to start the prepping now come to find out that the test invite is taken longer time as I will forget things then. please if someone can respond to my questions.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi I am from September 2022 thread and just had a quick question from someone who has given test in recent times.
1. How long it takes for the test invite to come in general? My ecas tracker went in progress on October 10th,2022. Is it taking months to get the invite?
2. Once we get the invite, do they provide like a certain timeframe in which you have to complete the test or is it fixed date on which you have to give your test?
Just curious to know as I don't want to start the prepping now come to find out that the test invite is taken longer time as I will forget things then. please if someone can respond to my questions.
1. It surely taking months. For most the Background check gets completed first and then you tend to get an test invite. Sometimes as part of Background check you might get requested for Fingerprints, which might add to the delay. Keep an eye for that. Also processing office plays an important role. I see a lot of Toronto applicants receive test invite faster. This is for paper applicant. Online applicant currently getting test invite are mostly for Jan 22 month.
2. Generally you get a 21 day window for the test. The tracker gets updated first with the details of the test window. Near to the test window you receive an email detailing the steps to be taken for the test. Based on how things are moving currently Dec 22 should be the month for you and if it collides with the holiday season, Jan 23 should be the month.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
1. It surely taking months. For most the Background check gets completed first and then you tend to get an test invite. Sometimes as part of Background check you might get requested for Fingerprints, which might add to the delay. Keep an eye for that. Also processing office plays an important role. I see a lot of Toronto applicants receive test invite faster. This is for paper applicant. Online applicant currently getting test invite are mostly for Jan 22 month.
2. Generally you get a 21 day window for the test. The tracker gets updated first with the details of the test window. Near to the test window you receive an email detailing the steps to be taken for the test. Based on how things are moving currently Dec 22 should be the month for you and if it collides with the holiday season, Jan 23 should be the month.
Thank you for your response. How would I know which is my processing office?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
The test email that you receive, the email id has the info about the processing office.
Sorry but I have not yet received the test email. The only email I got so far is the AOR email. So after this whatever email I get will tell me about the processing office I guess??