+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
IRCC has now updated the processing time for Citizenship applications to 27 months. I guess earlier it was 12 months
I assume 27 months is for applicants who just applied are apply today.... comforting myself.

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Very interesting.

So IRCC got $85 million from the federal government, hired more staff to deal with backlogs but somehow processing times increased from 12 months to a whopping 27 months!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the bizarro world of IRCC.

• Wow
Reactions: thuong

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Very interesting.

So IRCC got $85 million from the federal government, hired more staff to deal with backlogs but somehow processing times increased from 12 months to a whopping 27 months!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the bizarro world of IRCC.
Yes, that's how you spend $85 mi. Hire consultants/advisors and the solution they would suggest is to update the ircc website with 27 months and update it every week. This way ircc employees keep doing what they were doing (be lazy) and the same with us(keep waiting)......
In achievements the immigration minister would praise the system mentioning the new updated process along with faqs are updated on the site.
:rolleyes:

rafayet

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Nomination.....
CC charged 21 January 2015, PER 12 February 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
Passport Req..
27-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015
My online portal updated today morning. Citizenship test updated to "Completed "

HSS_2017

Mar 29, 2022
How can I find out which office is processing my application ?. I did not receive any test invite and decided to do the test with an automated link. Is there any other way to figure out where my application is being processed ?.

ashin86

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Visa Office......
Ndvo
How can I find out which office is processing my application ?. I did not receive any test invite and decided to do the test with an automated link. Is there any other way to figure out where my application is being processed ?.
If u got fingerprints request there it specifies where u have to send info and whereabts is ur file

Auror888

Feb 17, 2022
Completed means you have completed your test and your results have been validated
It is the same update even if you have passed or failed the test.
Wait for a day or more to final update wrt test
I don't have any updates yet or request to take the test. If BG is completed, they won't require FP anymore, right? If going on vacation, I read on the thread not to postpone based on IRCC timeline LOL. Just concerned about FP, if they request and out of country. But for the test, you can take it outside of Canada as long as you tell IRCC about it? Or it's okay if they do not know? Curious how you would contact IRCC outside of Canada - do they have email?Or you need to do long distance call? :( Thank you. I checked the status online and they no longer indicate the dates of application being worked on like last week it still said they were working on Nov 24 to 30, 2019 applications. Now it's gone LOL.

Reactions: svilli
Mar 31, 2022
For those wondering or worried about 27 months processing time, here's my two cents. The timelines will be adjusted based on 80% of existing backlog applications and 20% of SLA. So at the moment that time comes to 27months. So once the backlogs start clearing the 27 months will get auto adjusted since it will be dynamic.

Reactions: fafa3002

HSS_2017

Mar 29, 2022
If u got fingerprints request there it specifies where u have to send info and whereabts is ur file
I've seen some applicants here from Toronto who got FP request from Vancouver but their application is being processed in local offices like Hamilton, Mississauga etc.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I don't have any updates yet or request to take the test. If BG is completed, they won't require FP anymore, right? If going on vacation, I read on the thread not to postpone based on IRCC timeline LOL. Just concerned about FP, if they request and out of country. But for the test, you can take it outside of Canada as long as you tell IRCC about it? Or it's okay if they do not know? Curious how you would contact IRCC outside of Canada - do they have email?Or you need to do long distance call? :( Thank you. I checked the status online and they no longer indicate the dates of application being worked on like last week it still said they were working on Nov 24 to 30, 2019 applications. Now it's gone LOL.
If BG is complete the chances of getting FP request are very slim.