+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Thank you. March 29. How long is it generally taking to get scheduled for the oath? I'm going to be outside Canada for the next 1 month.
While there's a wild variance like most of the other bits of the process, back of the envelope math using tracker averages points to 4-8 weeks from DM to Oath Ceremony (3-4 weeks from DM to Oath Letter, and another 3-4 weeks for the Ceremony itself). YMMV.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
While there's a wild variance like most of the other bits of the process, back of the envelope math using tracker averages points to 4-8 weeks from DM to Oath Ceremony (3-4 weeks from DM to Oath Letter, and another 3-4 weeks for the Ceremony itself). YMMV.
Ok makes sense. I might just cut down my trip and eat the cost if I have to. But getting the oath letter in 4 weeks will just be perfect for me.

Reactions: 8494193

cnapo

Nov 22, 2021
what does others mean by DM ? i am a paper applicant from toronto, took and passed my exam on feb 28, updated march 1, and never been any updates ever since. anyone else on the same boat? also , how do you know where ur processing centre is, do you have to call in or request GCMS notes?

what does others mean by DM ? i am a paper applicant from toronto, took and passed my exam on feb 28, updated march 1, and never been any updates ever since. anyone else on the same boat? also , how do you know where ur processing centre is, do you have to call in or request GCMS notes?
1. Processing center can be deciphered based on the email address that sent you the test invite PDF.
2. DM = Decision Made. For paper applicants, you can see that in the ECAS portal. For online applicants, DM can be inferred if all statuses in the new tracker (except Oath) are marked Complete.

Reactions: aldez and Forte

cnapo

Nov 22, 2021
1. Processing center can be deciphered based on the email address that sent you the test invite PDF.
2. DM = Decision Made. For paper applicants, you can see that in the ECAS portal. For online applicants, DM can be inferred if all statuses in the new tracker (except Oath) are marked Complete.
thanks, that makes sense, i just checked my email (throguh my iimigration representative), and it's IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca . I'm assuming scarborough? how has scarbrough processing speed been lately, it's been over 2 months since i last heard any updates and im just very agitated and paranoid.

Reactions: 8494193

winteriscoming2017

Star Member
Sep 9, 2017
Finally!!!
My status turn to DM yesterday (May 17). Everything is marked as completed but the oath.

For everyone here is my timeline (paper application):

Applied: Aug 16
AOR: sep 23
BG: Dec 14
Test: Feb 28
DM: May 17