+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You likely will NOT receive a test invite until your BG checks are complete (both criminality and security).

Read this post.
Yep. I personally went through this during my PR where everyone who applied with me including yourself got the VFS request and I was still sitting in background check in process for 2 extra months. I have come to terms with this.

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Yep. I personally went through this during my PR where everyone who applied with me including yourself got the VFS request and I was still sitting in background check in process for 2 extra months. I have come to terms with this.
I agree otherwise you can't live in peace.

• Haha
Reactions: safety008

misslissa

Nov 16, 2014
I agree otherwise you can't live in peace.
I also agree! Wholeheartedly - I think the double-whammy is the whole uncertainly and helplessness regarding COVID and the double-uncertainty of waiting for Citizenship...
I've been lurking on here for months as my partner applied in August 2020 as well. Glad to see some movement - I'm sure everyone wishes they the one getting "the test email" every single day. :D

Here's "our" (I'm Canadian, so my partner is applying solo) info to add to the list.

Location (city): Ottawa, ON
App type (single or # of people): Single applicant
Physical presence days: 1233
App sent date: Aug 24, 2020
App delivered date: Aug 25, 2020
AOR: Nov 24, 2020

Nothing else so far in our online account... just "In Progress" everywhere...

Here's sending good vibes to everyone!

Reactions: royce110

rm0529

Sep 20, 2019
My spouse just got an invitation to the test. I am wondering why I didn’t get the invitation yet, considering the fact that ours was a family application. I hope I receive it soon. But anyway, I’m glad that at least there is some movement. Hope we all get our test invites soon.

binoyg8

Sep 5, 2017
Congratulations!
How did you find the test questions? Mostly specific, general or both? I'm about to have my test soon and am a bit nervous.
The questions were easy because I had done several practice tests. The questions were both general and specific, but nothing outside of the Discover Canada guide. The practice tests should boost your confidence to take the real test.

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
I have been reading and practicing so many quizzes that now I am starting to mix things up. It's like you wait so long for this and then all you wanna do is not screw it up so the pressure mounts and mounts. Lol.
I am sooo nervous too!
Seems as if the more I practise the less confident I feel:( Can't wait to be done with it!
So you can take the test any time any day within the 21 day period? Even on weekends?
Good luck.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Update: I got my test invite by email on Friday. This happened after I had already seen my scheduled test date on the online tracker.
Good luck to all!
Thanks, updated the spreadsheet!

All the best! Please post an update after you've taken the test. Also, please don't forget to post any further updates on your application.

Thanks!

Dec 4, 2020
I am sooo nervous too!
Seems as if the more I practise the less confident I feel:( Can't wait to be done with it!
So you can take the test any time any day within the 21 day period? Even on weekends?
Good luck.
I know right? I wanna be done with it asap too! Yeah, I think from the midnight of the start day till 11:59pm on the last day you can do it anytime but obviously I am not gonna risk it and I fact I am gonna do it right at 12am. Lol.
Good luck to you too!

Reactions: Anjushka

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi guys,
Do we stick to the book for answers in the citizenship test or do we refer to different updated numbers/changes?
For example: How many electoral districts( ridings) does Canada have? 308 ( From Discover Canada)
or 338 ( google source)
Also, I'm not pretty sure whether the practice tests are all updated or it's only what the book states?
Thanks and good luck:)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys,
Do we stick to the book for answers in the citizenship test or do we refer to different updated numbers/changes?
For example: How many electoral districts( ridings) does Canada have? 308 ( From Discover Canada)
or 338 ( google source)
Also, I'm not pretty sure whether the practice tests are all updated or it's only what the book states?
Thanks and good luck:)
It is best to go with the book, I think but I'll let others weight in as well.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram Did you get test invite yet ?
I have applied for my GCMS notes and still have not received them and its already been over 5 weeks for that.
Nope, unfortunately, not yet. Many September applicants have been receiving test invitations lately except me :p. Looks like the "OINP curse" is upon me again!

If you haven't yet received the notes you requested from IRCC, email them => ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca

Give them your tracking request number and ask them when you'll receive the notes as the due date is, well, past due.