+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2020 - Citizenship application

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I have a question:my application is still being processed(only background check is completed) and I am thinking about visiting my home country for 2 weeks in September or October. Do I need to inform CIC I will be away for 2 weeks?What is they send me an invite for a test during the time I am away?
Has anyone left Canada and came back while their application was being processed?
Thanks
I believe some offices are now giving the option to take the test from overseas but you need to inform them as soon as you get the test email. You can choose to inform them upfront but I am not sure if that will be any value add with timings all over the place currently and no estimated time frame to the test.

Reactions: marcusvfm2

marcusvfm2

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07/12/2017
AOR Received.
09/03/2017
Med's Done....
08/01/2017
Hi guys,

I have a question:my application is still being processed(only background check is completed) and I am thinking about visiting my home country for 2 weeks in September or October. Do I need to inform CIC I will be away for 2 weeks?What is they send me an invite for a test during the time I am away?
Has anyone left Canada and came back while their application was being processed?
Thanks
Hi, I had to leave the country for 5 weeks due to work. All you need to do is to let them know you're unavailable between these dates and they shouldn't schedule your for an Oath, if you're at that stage. The Citizenship test can be taken outside, so I would only advise them if you're past that point.

marcusvfm2

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Montréal, QC
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
07/12/2017
AOR Received.
09/03/2017
Med's Done....
08/01/2017
Update on my status: My +1 got citizenship on July 27th (yey), but since I was out of the country, they have to reschedule me (i tried hard for an exception). I've been trying to reach out to them since Aug 10th, when i came back, but no response yet about a new Oath date. Can't call the 1800 as it always states they're busy. I travel extensively abroad, the MP office mentioned the following this morning:

"Unfortunately, as of yesterday morning, IRCC reoriented most of its resources towards the Afghanistan crisis. Therefore, we can only contact them regarding Afghanistan cases or other very urgent life or death cases. So, at the moment, I can’t contact them regarding your case. Your only option as of now would be to contact the IRCC centre yourself. I am very sorry, however, this situation is completely out of our control.

I know this situation is stressful for you, with all of your travels ahead of you. This is why last time I wanted to ask you when you would be gone, so that I could ask IRCC to ‘’block’’ these dates in the calendar and not schedule your ceremony while you’re gone (but I think you still weren’t sure of the dates yet at that time). However, please note that, when we ask IRCC to ‘’block’’ certain dates, it can take a while before an agent actually does so. This is probably why, last time, they scheduled your ceremony while you were abroad: they scheduled it before any agent had the time to block these dates off the calendar."

It seems everything will be a bit more delayed, eh?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi guys,

Thanks
For last 2 months they are allowing to take the test from outside Canada. So just email them to the email under eligibility section in your pdf invite saying you would like to take the test outside as per instructions. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/tutorial.html
Once you receive your test invite, email them. Wait for few days to a week. By that time you start reading. After a week, if you dont get response then send another email. You should get the response within few days to a week anyway.
I believe some offices are now giving the option to take the test from overseas but you need to inform them as soon as you get the test email. You can choose to inform them upfront but I am not sure if that will be any value add with timings all over the place currently and no estimated time frame to the test.
I think that all offices are now allowing to take test from outside.

keyur sharma

Dec 3, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
1/07/2017
Doc's Request.
12/08/2017
Nomination.....
12/07/2017
AOR Received.
12/08/2017
IELTS Request
31/05/2017
Med's Request
12/08/2017
Med's Done....
12/09/2017
Passport Req..
26/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
29/11/2017
LANDED..........
30/11/2017
My status changed today . Everything is completed except Ceremony . Ceremony is not started yet.

my status on the top still saysYour citizenship application status: In progress.

when I check on tracker it says Decision made .

what will be the next step ?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My status changed today . Everything is completed except Ceremony . Ceremony is not started yet.

my status on the top still saysYour citizenship application status: In progress.

when I check on tracker it says Decision made .

what will be the next step ?
I've updated the spreadsheet.

The next step would be an oath notification on the dashboard. As we already discussed, the new dashboard doesn't have "Decision Made" status.

Reactions: Anjushka

Anjushka

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi guys,
I have a question about my PR card renewal. Since my card expires in January 2022 and because every stage of our citizenship application process seems to be taking forever, do you think I should apply for my PR card renewal?
I have already taken the test and have all stages completed apart from Oath, but have no idea about how long this might go.
Do you think it would be a good idea to apply for PR card renewal some time soon? It might probably be too early to even think about that but this is because I’ve read that processing times for renewal might take up to four months or more.
I don’t want to think of going through a ridiculous time in my life when I might be left with no PR or passport and unable to leave Ca in case I might need to travel.
Best of luck to all.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys,
I have a question about my PR card renewal. Since my card expires in January 2022 and because every stage of our citizenship application process seems to be taking forever, do you think I should apply for my PR card renewal?
I have already taken the test and have all stages completed apart from Oath, but have no idea about how long this might go.
Do you think it would be a good idea to apply for PR card renewal some time soon? It might probably be too early to even think about that but this is because I’ve read that processing times for renewal might take up to four months or more.
I don’t want to think of going through a ridiculous time in my life when I might be left with no PR or passport and unable to leave Ca in case I might need to travel.
Best of luck to all.
It is always best to keep valid travel documents whether you have plans to travel or not. I mean, if there is an emergency and you have to travel and you don't have the required documents, you might be in trouble.

At this time, oath is being scheduled for December 2021 / Jan 2022 (for mid/late 2020 applicants). In your case, you have already received DM and are in line for oath. So, you might receive your oath date sometime in the Jan to Mar 2022 window.

Its up to you though. If I were in a situation where I didn't have an oath invitation and the PR card is expiring, I'd go ahead and renew it ( I would have renewed it 9 months prior to expiry, which is the earliest date you could renew your PR card).

Good luck!

gantisunil86

Sep 9, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
17-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2017
I see there is lot of traction for the Sep/Oct/Nov 2020 applicants for the test invite. Here i am still waiting for the test invite :-| Kitchener VO is gone to total sleep mode.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is always best to keep valid travel documents whether you have plans to travel or not. I mean, if there is an emergency and you have to travel and you don't have the required documents, you might be in trouble.

At this time, oath is being scheduled for December 2021 / Jan 2022 (for mid/late 2020 applicants). In your case, you have already received DM and are in line for oath. So, you might receive your oath date sometime in the Jan to Mar 2022 window.

Its up to you though. If I were in a situation where I didn't have an oath invitation and the PR card is expiring, I'd go ahead and renew it ( I would have renewed it 9 months prior to expiry, which is the earliest date you could renew your PR card).

Good luck!
Thanks for this insight, wow Jan - Mar 2022 for folks who are already DM??

I can only imagine what it would be for those who are still waiting for the test invite, looking at the tracker there are quite a few.