+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

chris921.long

Mar 21, 2020
hello, just wondering if anyone received a notification by mail saying if your citizenship application is a pass or not after the status changed to Decision Made?

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
If you want to update the spreadsheet:
Physical presence: 1100
Date my app was delivered: 27 august 2019 (I'm not sure maybe 28 but it's not that different)
AOR: 26 November 2019
In progress: 16 December 2019
Test invite: 14 Avril 2021
Test passed: 18 Avril 2021
and it was validated by IRCC the in April 19 2021 it was the next day, a monday.
Since then no more news, my case is still in progress, no decision made yet. no document or FP requests

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Oh and I'm in Quebec city not Montreal, but the office is Montreal I guess because that's what was written in the email address of the test invite

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Oh and I'm in Quebec city not Montreal, but the office is Montreal I guess because that's what was written in the email address of the test invite
Yes, Montreal office is the only office in Quebec, which is strange, because (I suspect) Quebec has the 2nd highest number of applicants after Ontario.

Hussam68

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
I was checking my online progress status and it mentioned that latest update was today, but there is no change in the progress still the background check completed and rest are in progress same status since August 16 th. Does this means anything

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I was checking my online progress status and it mentioned that latest update was today, but there is no change in the progress still the background check completed and rest are in progress same status since August 16 th. Does this means anything
It may or may not.

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Just checked IRCC website, they are still working on applications received between 18 and 24 August 2019 :confused: it's not getting faster. I still hope to get something changed this week in my CAS.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Just checked IRCC website, they are still working on applications received between 18 and 24 August 2019 :confused: it's not getting faster. I still hope to get something changed this week in my CAS.
Yes, last week they claimed they finalized applications from Aug 4 up to Aug 17 in a week :eek: , and were working on applications Aug 18 to Aug 24, and this week they didn't update were they are finalizing. I suspect it will remain like this for this next 2-3 weeks, because they jumped 13 days. Usually they finish 5 days of applications in a week. The jump from Aug 4 to Aug 17 in a week was not normal, and it may have been because of a technical error, which is not uncommon in IRCC affairs.

eliekh2

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Yes, last week they claimed they finalized applications from Aug 4 up to Aug 17 in a week :eek: , and were working on applications Aug 18 to Aug 24, and this week they didn't update were they are finalizing. I suspect it will remain like this for this next 2-3 weeks, because they jumped 13 days. Usually they finish 5 days of applications in a week. The jump from Aug 4 to Aug 17 in a week was not normal, and it may have been because of a technical error, which is not uncommon in IRCC affairs.
I've actually observed this:
before summer they were advancing each week by 1 week,
later in summer, they kept working on the same week for 3 weeks, because of course, workers need their 5 weeks of vacation, even though there's a pandemic and there are emergencies, and the government is adding more and more immigration programs (I'm being sarcastic of course),
in August they were moving one week further every 2 weeks,
and finally, in September they got back to doing one week further each week,
and in October they did 2 weeks in one week once and then got back again to 1 week in 1 week,
this is the first time after that they do 2 weeks in one week but surprise they are still working on the same week one week after.

Reactions: CaBeaver

NAC10

Aug 9, 2020
I've actually observed this:
before summer they were advancing each week by 1 week,
later in summer, they kept working on the same week for 3 weeks, because of course, workers need their 5 weeks of vacation, even though there's a pandemic and there are emergencies, and the government is adding more and more immigration programs (I'm being sarcastic of course),
in August they were moving one week further every 2 weeks,
and finally, in September they got back to doing one week further each week,
and in October they did 2 weeks in one week once and then got back again to 1 week in 1 week,
this is the first time after that they do 2 weeks in one week but surprise they are still working on the same week one week after.
Probably that's why they forgot to do mine! I don't understand this system, where you hit a dead end and no one is responsible! My test was in mid-January 2020, and DM was in early January 2021, yet I am awaiting oath for countless months (!!) and they do not have any answer for that. Even now they respond to the web form describing the situation of Afghanistan as they no longer can give the excuse of covid. However, I keep on seeing family and friends who applied as late as July 2020 are having oath invitations!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: harirajmohan